Author Topic: Belfast restaurant week February 2020  (Read 1500 times)

Billy Fish

Re: Belfast restaurant week February 2020
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 08:07:11 PM »
I have met Nial Mc Kenna (Hadskis and James Street South) one of the nicest guys you could meet.
Fair play to anyone investing their time, money and effort in the City.
Michael Deane also.
Too many restraunts to mention.
The heart beat of Belfast City these days.
☺️
Some of them beyond my pocket (OX)...
Usual price is £100 per head.
Thats just a little bit crazy, verging on the obscene... 🙄
I'd rather eat for less £, and give the rest to charity.

I am mildly amused that you are not condemning these people as 'rip off merchants' as you usually do. Some people have made a success of their life.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

pete57

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 12:00:56 AM »
I am mildly amused that you are not condemning these people as 'rip off merchants' as you usually do. Some people have made a success of their life.  :)

they all flick their pancakes with the left hand i presume ?    ;)      :)

JackM

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 12:50:04 PM »
Good place for a meal. My local restaurant.  O0 Quite a few places in Belfast are overpriced::)

To be honest I have paid £1,000 for a meal for 4 in Belfast. But equally, around four hundred quid of that, was spent on a couple of bottles of wine.  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

jillyfred

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 03:29:39 PM »
To be honest I have paid £1,000 for a meal for 4 in Belfast. But equally, around four hundred quid of that, was spent on a couple of bottles of wine.  :)
===
Once you go into `Vintage`it does push the tab up Jack!

LOL

jilly

moorsy

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 03:42:42 PM »
Whats the norm for tipping in Belfast ?  I noticed in Canada the credit card machines have three buttons now for the tips, 15-20-25%.  What ever happened to 10-12%?
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

syriana

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 04:56:32 PM »
Whats the norm for tipping in Belfast ?  I noticed in Canada the credit card machines have three buttons now for the tips, 15-20-25%.  What ever happened to 10-12%?

I usually pay the bill by credit card and tip around 10% in cash. If the service is exceptional I would tip more.  I haven't been to Canada for about 30 years but I have visited the US where tipping is a bit of nightmare.  The Ox Restaurant, discussed in this thread, automatically adds on a service charge in addition to the price - so you're not obliged to tip.  Can't see their management being very happy with a popular local  forum stating that their average price is £100 per head.
No answer is an answer.

Billy Fish

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 07:25:22 PM »

Good Grief Jack. £600 on food and £400 on vino. I suppose it's a good balance. My guess is that you visited the Merchant Hotel. Would I be correct ?   ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Billy Fish

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 07:27:44 PM »

Greed, that's what happened. New York City is a nightmare for tipping. Trying exiting a yellow cab without giving a tip.  ::)
Support Soldier F

Billy Fish

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 07:29:08 PM »
I usually pay the bill by credit card and tip around 10% in cash. If the service is exceptional I would tip more.  I haven't been to Canada for about 30 years but I have visited the US where tipping is a bit of nightmare.  The Ox Restaurant, discussed in this thread, automatically adds on a service charge in addition to the price - so you're not obliged to tip.  Can't see their management being very happy with a popular local  forum stating that their average price is £100 per head.

OX, may sue. Lol  :D
Support Soldier F

Bigali

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 07:31:47 PM »
Greed, that's what happened. New York City is a nightmare for tipping. Trying exiting a yellow cab without giving a tip.  ::)

The doorman at our hotel in NYC was looking for a tip from guests who came out of the hotel looking for a taxi and all he was doing was putting up his hand at one to indicate for it to stop , I just moved down five yards from the door and hailed one myself and I knew by the look on his face he wasn’t happy about it , the chancer !
 :D
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 09:05:39 PM »
             :o

Ah say bhoyo, cud ye gimme a wee loan ... :)
TRUTH, is in the eyes of the beholder, but it's a pity that some have Cataracts

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 09:12:00 PM »
Good Grief Jack. £600 on food and £400 on vino. I suppose it's a good balance. My guess is that you visited the Merchant Hotel. Would I be correct ?   ::)

Correct  :preved: ------   I've heard that story before  ::)

And, on a Tax Deductible  Expense Account    ;)

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 09:49:21 PM »

I would never dine in any Establishment that added a " Service Charge"  >:D

In British Columbia Canada , when you pay by Credit Card , you normally have the choice " on the Terminal '' of not paying a TIP, paying
your set amount , or choice of a set 15 / 20 / 25 % .

Restaurant prices normally increase regularly, so if one always Tips  10/ 12 % , the Servers get an automatic wage increase.

I would guess that most Waiters / Waitresses , would rather have CASH Tips ---- then they don't get stiffed by Management   ;)

I always  Tip . :) -------- preferably with Cash , and I get a nice " Thank you ".

A half decent Server should be able to at least double their Minimum Wage, through their TIPS.

https://www.restaurantscanada.org/industry-news/minimum-wage-by-province/

JackM

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »

Correct, it was the Merchant Hotel.   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.

JackM

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 12:32:18 PM »
===
Once you go into `Vintage`it does push the tab up Jack!

LOL

jilly

Indeed, it does.   :)