Author Topic: Samuel John Scott  (Read 163 times)

kraftcheese

Samuel John Scott
« on: February 11, 2020, 08:06:32 AM »
Hi friends. I'm trying to find out the date of death of my grandfather, Samuel John Scott and have hit a brick wall. I know that he was medically discharged from R.I.R in WW1 prior to deployment. He died somewhere between 1947 and 1950 but i can't find a date. I thought he was buried in Dundonald Cemetery but nothing is coming up in the search. His wife, my granny Margaret Scott, is definitely in that cemetery but that's not coming up in my search either. I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sarah
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

CMcG

Re: Samuel John Scott
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
Do you have any other information that would help folk in searching, for example, when was he born, where did he live, (likewise for Margaret - also, when did Margaret die?)?

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

vinnym

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 09:03:45 AM »
Just had a look on Belfast City Council burial site. Found a Samuel John Scott passed 1949 also in that grave a Margaret Scott passed 1962. Address 4 Henryville Street. Grave number E6 148, Dundonald Cemetery. Are they the grandparents you are looking for?

CMcG

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »

Just had a look on Belfast City Council burial site. Found a Samuel John Scott passed 1949 also in that grave a Margaret Scott passed 1962. Address 4 Henryville Street. Grave number E6 148, Dundonald Cemetery. Are they the grandparents you are looking for?

That reads across to these death notices:

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

kraftcheese

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 10:07:35 AM »
YES. That's the one!  Thanks very much for your kind help. Sarah

kraftcheese

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »
That reads across to these death notices:

Oh that's marvelous.  Thanks a lot for this.  I've never seen these notices before.  You're all legends.

vinnym

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 08:34:55 AM »
Sarah, glad the info was of help to you.