Author Topic: FRANCEY  (Read 288 times)

C.D

FRANCEY
« on: February 16, 2020, 09:41:02 PM »
Looking to get in touch with a member called francey. I'd googled Norton Street and this Forum came up so I've just joined today and haven't a clue how to navigate on it.  The thread that appeared when I Googled was from 2012.  He was talking about his Granda McMullan and Granny Scullion in Norton Street.  I'm researching my family tree and my Granda McMullan's mother was a Scullion but they lived in Ardoyne.  I'm trying to find out more about my Great Grandfather who was called Hugh McMullan and got married from Norton Street way back in 1891 to Agnes Scullion. 

Bread Basket

Re: FRANCEY
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 08:44:04 AM »

Bread Basket

Bread Basket

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 09:24:16 AM »
Just to add to common problems encountered in family research.

Here is another Hugh.... born in 1896 to a John McMullan ,also in Norton St. this John and your GGranda Hugh were more than likely brothers and note from  the wedding cert for Hugh and Agnes that your GG Granda on the McMullan side was also a Hugh.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1896/02153/1816674.pdf

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 10:48:16 AM »
A wee bit confusing here. Hugh & Agnes were married in St Anneís which is Church of Ireland as on the certificate. However on the Census they are recorded as RC.🧐🧐🤨  will have a delve when I have more time.... grandkids here... half term 👍🏼👍🏼

Bread Basket

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 11:50:37 AM »
Sorry, forgot to include Elizabeth
U/1908/56/1007/23/421ElizabethMcMullan14th March 1908FemaleScullionBelfast(pre-1973 Q4)
[/size][/color][/font]

Bread Basket

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 04:26:02 PM »

C.D

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 07:37:08 PM »
Thanks for all that Bread Basket.  You should have been a Genealogist 'cause all those certs are spot on.  I joined Ancestry a few years back when my mum died so I've them on my tree on that site.  They had 8 children and only 4 survived! What a life, eh?

Don't suppose you've been a member on the forum for years and know of this member called francey, at all?

Funny you should pick up on the Protestant/Catholic thing 'cause that's one of the things I'm trying to get to the bottom of.  I'm presuming my G.Granda must have been C.of I.  I know she was Catholic and they ended up in Ardoyne with the kids brought up Catholic.  I have come across 3 mixed marriages in my past generations, so it must have been a bit more common than I would have thought.[size=78%]

The John Joe McMullan in the photo was maybe francey's great uncle - he mentioned him in that 2012 thread, I think.
Once again, thanks for the reply.
Carol

C.D

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 08:09:13 PM »
Also meant to say that I've been digging in the Census and found that John McMullan family you mentioned and the really confusing thing is that they are Catholic too. I've located a marriage cert for John and his father was called Henry so I'm thinking they were maybe cousins - My Hugh senior and Henry could have been brothers and originally Church of Ireland, perhaps.

Anyway, that's enough of my headache.  Hope you enjoy your week of babysitting the Gran kids! I've one myself but she's only a baby and my daughter's with her all the time, thankfully. I've it all ahead of me in the years to come.

Bread Basket

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 08:45:07 PM »
Sorry, canít help with the member Francey.... try sending him / her a PM or ask one of the moderators on the site to send them an email.... not sure if that is within the Forum rules but give it a try

C.D

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 09:57:40 PM »
Thank you. I'll mull it over and maybe read up a bit on it.