Author Topic: N.I.'s visitor hospitality industry may be decimated by the U.K. Government  (Read 1473 times)

James James

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2020-02-19/home-office-plans-will-decimate-northern-ireland-s-hospitality-industry/

"Home Office plans will 'decimate' NI hospitality industry"

"Northern Ireland’s hospitality industry will be destroyed by the Home Office’s proposed skills criteria and salary threshold for overseas workers, according to Hospitality Ulster."

"Colin Neill, Hospitality Ulster's CEO, said the move will ‘simply decimate’ the hospitality sector, and damage the tourism industry here."

"The comments come as the Government announced plans to overhaul immigration rules with a new points-based system to come into force at the start of 2021."

"He said:" ...

“Northern Ireland is unique as the only part of the UK with a land border with the EU, and a labour market more distinct from the rest of the UK."

Etcetera ...

Billy Fish

More 'Doom and Gloom'.  :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

jillyfred

In my experience ,`pre-empting` any, and every situation, is simply a pessimistic `dining out` by those
who lack any `get up and go`!!!

They are-as the song goes `A Must To Avoid`!!

LOL

jilly

James James

Billy Fish

In my experience ,`pre-empting` any, and every situation, is simply a pessimistic `dining out` by those

LOL

jilly

Hear hear.  O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

tours

LOL

jilly
You would know, and Colin Neill CEO of  Hospitality Ulster wouldn't. 🤔
Dear God...🙄

Billy Fish

A lot of people in the 'hospitality sector', rely on tips. Says it all really.  ::)  They should try paying their 'home grown' people more, instead of relying on immigrants. I have listened to this balloon before and it's all self interest. He is opposed to Supermarkets selling booze and wants to see minimum pricing introduced. Self interest indeed. He pretends, not very convincingly, to be on the side of the public.  :o
Support Soldier F

JackM

A lot of people in the 'hospitality sector', rely on tips. Says it all really.  ::)  They should try paying their 'home grown' people more, instead of relying on immigrants. I have listened to this balloon before and it's all self interest. He is opposed to Supermarkets selling booze and wants to see minimum pricing introduced. Self interest indeed. He pretends, not very convincingly, to be on the side of the public.  :o

Exactly. Pay a decent wage and attract people into the Industry.  :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

JackM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51546881

Food for thought. Kind of reinforces my point.  ::)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.

CMcG

LOL

jilly

O0   If I had a penny for every time a so-called expert falsely predicts doom and gloom, I would be a very rich man. Thankfully, most folk have that basic level of common sense required to not seize on such rubbish and regurgitate it.

But there's one thing that these 'experts' are brilliant at though, it's their ability to skulk away after getting something wrong and to come back, once the memory has faded, with a new prediction of doom and gloom. 

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Billy Fish

O0   If I had a penny for every time a so-called expert falsely predicts doom and gloom, I would be a very rich man. Thankfully, most folk have that basic level of common sense required to not seize on such rubbish and regurgitate it.

But there's one thing that these 'experts' are brilliant at though, it's their ability to skulk away after getting something wrong and to come back, once the memory has faded, with a new prediction of doom and gloom.

Hear hear, well said.  O0
Support Soldier F

syriana

Every year around October The Daily Express predicts a hard cold winter of snow and ice which will take it's toll on the sick and elderly.  This winter was supposed to be the worst in twenty years.  I think it was about two or three years ago they predicted a winter worse that 1963.  Naturally their annual weather predictions are conveniently forgotten when they are  wrong. 

I suppose if you print that story every year the law of average will ensure that 'you get it right' every four years or so.  When that happens the paper will pull out all the stops to brag about their accurate weather prediction.
No answer is an answer.

JackM

Every year around October The Daily Express predicts a hard cold winter of snow and ice which will take it's toll on the sick and elderly.  This winter was supposed to be the worst in twenty years.  I think it was about two or three years ago they predicted a winter worse that 1963.  Naturally their annual weather predictions are conveniently forgotten when they are  wrong. 

I suppose if you print that story every year the law of average will ensure that 'you get it right' every four years or so.  When that happens the paper will pull out all the stops to brag about their accurate weather prediction.

O0

JackM

Hear Hear, well said.   O0