Author Topic: N.I.'s visitor hospitality industry may be decimated by the U.K. Government  (Read 936 times)

Billy Fish

Exactly. Pay a decent wage and attract people into the Industry.  :)

Indeed.   O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

jillyfred

Every year around October The Daily Express predicts a hard cold winter of snow and ice which will take it's toll on the sick and elderly.  This winter was supposed to be the worst in twenty years.  I think it was about two or three years ago they predicted a winter worse that 1963.  Naturally their annual weather predictions are conveniently forgotten when they are  wrong. 

I suppose if you print that story every year the law of average will ensure that 'you get it right' every four years or so.  When that happens the paper will pull out all the stops to brag about their accurate weather prediction.
==
Nail on head Syriana.

jilly

jillyfred

Exactly. Pay a decent wage and attract people into the Industry.  :)
==
Yes indeed Jack.

I worked for some years in the Hotel Business and then it was 1O% Service Charge which was referred
to as the `Tronc`.
It was dealt out in various amounts at the end of each week and the amount each person received depended
upon their position in the `hierarchy` -the Chef receiving the top amount and down from there.
Of course tips were also given directly to Dining and Bar Staff and these were given to the Head Waiter/BarMan
and divided up at the end of the night.
In the mid 1960`s a Waiter`s weekly wage was approximately 3.10.00.(3.50 today).
So the `Tronc`was Management`s way of topping up the wages.Plus the tips received direct.
At 18 I earned 9 per week -shift work on Reception-the day one was 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.The evening one was
4.30 pm until the last customer had left the Hotel!In the good old `60`s when the Bars closed at 10pm this could
be 2 am!
Must say I enjoyed every minute I spent in the Industry!!!Did a stint as Manageress at a Hotel in Donaghadee
for 12 a week,board and food included.Plus I served drinks when we were busy and made a lot on tips!!!
In those far gone days the hospitality business was a whole different ball game!!!

LOL

jilly

Billy Fish

==
Yes indeed Jack.

I worked for some years in the Hotel Business and then it was 1O% Service Charge which was referred
to as the `Tronc`.
It was dealt out in various amounts at the end of each week and the amount each person received depended
upon their position in the `hierarchy` -the Chef receiving the top amount and down from there.
Of course tips were also given directly to Dining and Bar Staff and these were given to the Head Waiter/BarMan
In the mid 1960`s a Waiter`s weekly wage was approximately 3.10.00.(3.50 today).
So the `Tronc`was Management`s way of topping up the wages.Plus the tips received direct.
At 18 I earned 9 per week -shift work on Reception-the day one was 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.The evening one was
4.30 pm until the last customer had left the Hotel!In the good old `60`s when the Bars closed at 10pm this could
be 2 am!
Must say I enjoyed every minute I spent in the Industry!!!Did a stint as Manageress at a Hotel in Donaghadee
for 12 a week,board and food included.Plus I served drinks when we were busy and made a lot on tips!!!
In those far gone days the hospitality business was a whole different ball game!!!

LOL

jilly

Good post, as always.  O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

JackM

==
Yes indeed Jack.

to as the `Tronc`.
be 2 am!

LOL

jilly

Agreed.   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F