Author Topic: How Big Is Your Belfast ?  (Read 477 times)

stickleback

How Big Is Your Belfast ?
« on: February 21, 2020, 03:49:29 AM »

If 100% means you will go anywhere without fear, or 1/10 for those who dont like percentages, how big is your Belfast ?

pete57

Re: How Big Is Your Belfast ?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 04:32:15 PM »

If 100% means you will go anywhere without fear, or 1/10 for those who dont like percentages, how big is your Belfast ?

0-001 %   Theres a big dog that roams around about my street and he does not like me one bit. I only ever venture out if the missus promises to give me a piggy -back.   ;)

Bigali

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 05:07:38 PM »
60%
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Billy Fish

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »
0-001 %   Theres a big dog that roams around about my street and he does not like me one bit. I only ever venture out if the missus promises to give me a piggy -back.   ;)

:D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 04:05:16 AM »
https://www.girlwiththepassport.com/belfast-mistakes-northern-ireland/

"Disastrous Belfast Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting Northern Ireland"

stickleback

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 01:51:26 AM »
60%

I suppose that's to be expected in some way Al, given your career. It isn't right though, is it ? That as a taxpayer who has lived all your life in the city 40% of it should be no-go. I appreciate your honesty. Likewise, for those from the 40% who feel that areas of the city are closed off to them. It's not a good situation for a city to find itself in. You might expect it in one the massive cities, like London. I can honestly say that after living in London for 30 yrs there's no areas I'd be scared to go in the daylight hours. After dark, it would slip to about 80%. The no-go's for me would not be boroughs, high st's etc but certain council estates, where gangs are prevalent.

syriana

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 11:06:01 AM »
I suppose that's to be expected in some way Al, given your career. It isn't right though, is it ? That as a taxpayer who has lived all your life in the city 40% of it should be no-go. I appreciate your honesty. Likewise, for those from the 40% who feel that areas of the city are closed off to them. It's not a good situation for a city to find itself in. You might expect it in one the massive cities, like London. I can honestly say that after living in London for 30 yrs there's no areas I'd be scared to go in the daylight hours. After dark, it would slip to about 80%. The no-go's for me would not be boroughs, high st's etc but certain council estates, where gangs are prevalent.

You're right Stickie about night and day times.  Immediately prior to my retirement from all kinds of work I was required to visit people in private houses all over Belfast.  I had absolutely no qualms about daytime visits but there were some areas to be avoided at night. 

100% day - 60% night.
No answer is an answer.

JackM

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 12:52:13 PM »
Cultra, Day 100%, Night 100%   :)
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F