Author Topic: Smart parking fine in Northern Ireland  (Read 406 times)

ATC110

Smart parking fine in Northern Ireland
« on: February 26, 2020, 04:57:39 PM »
The person concerned parked their hire car at a retail park and did not notice any private parking signs or time limits. The first they knew was when the car hire company emailed them with a notice of a traffic violation which is a Smart parking invoice. [/font][/size]
The hire company procedure is to pass on the details of the hirer so the fine can be reissued to them by Smart so all dealings are then between the hirer and Smart.[/font][/size]The hire company charge the hirer an administration fee for this process and claim to be unable to prevent this being charged without a cancellation notice from Smart.[/size]There are multiple stores in the retail park but none of them own the carpark and are not prepared to contact Smart parking to get the fine cancelled and have apparently had problems themselves with staff getting parking invoices too. [/size]
[/size]
The questions are as follows:[/font][/size]
[/size]
It appears fines issued by Smart are not enforceable in Northern Ireland according to posts on this forum - should the fine be ignored when it arrives?[/font][/size]The hire company has access to the hirers prepaid debit card and will attempt to charge the administration fee so the debit card holder has a balance of zero in their account and has blocked their card - when would it be safe to unblock the account ie for how long will the hire company attempt to debit the admin fee? [/size]Thanks in advance

brixmis

Re: Smart parking fine in Northern Ireland
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 07:15:09 AM »
As far as I am aware, but I'm not 100% on this this is not enforceable. On the debit card. Cancel it and have a new one issued,
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
Support Soldier F. He's my brother.
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Billy Fish

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 06:58:08 PM »
As far as I am aware, but I'm not 100% on this this is not enforceable. On the debit card. Cancel it and have a new one issued,

Sound advice.  O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

JackM

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

Agreed.   O0
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 12:39:00 AM »
ATC110
If you are still searching for answers, the link below is where you need to go to. You'll need to register and then search for smart parking Northern Ireland in the search box (saves you trawling through all the posts for one that is applicable). 

Everything you need to know is there.  Don't ignore it, just get the correct advice from here   http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60 

Let us know your outcome.  Good luck 17124

James James

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 12:28:45 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50756938

"40% of Northern Ireland parking fine appeals successful"

https://popla.co.uk/

https://popla.co.uk/faqs-and-advice

"Can I appeal to POPLA if I have received a Parking Charge Notice for alleged improper parking in Scotland or Northern Ireland ?"

"POPLA can consider appeals against Parking Charge Notices issued in Scotland and Northern Ireland from 1 May 2019."

"Only the driver can be liable for a Parking Charge Notice issued in Scotland or Northern Ireland."

"We will only be able to consider an appeal from the driver who received the Parking Charge Notice or someone acting on their behalf."