Author Topic: Twickenham Street  (Read 505 times)

CMcG

Re: Twickenham Street
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2020, 10:27:02 AM »
Wanderer, just another minor detail, the England and Wales Civil Registration Death Index has a death registered in February 2005 for an Anna Philomena Green, it was registered at Southampton in Hampshire, what is interesting about this index entry is that the date of birth recorded for the deceased is an exact match for the Anne Philomena Green I mentioned at Reply # 10, ie. 25 March 1925.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2020, 10:45:25 AM »

Wanderer, another detail.  The Ancestry website has a tree which shows a Bernadette Veronica Green marrying a Sydney R Nicholson in 1938 (registered Aldershot, Hampshire), again, there is an exact match on her stated date and place of birth to the person I detailed at Reply #10 (14 April 1918 at Belfast).  With the usual health warning about the accuracy of online tree information, this one shows that Sydney and Bernadette had at least 3 children - Michael James Nicholson (1941-2007), Colin Hugh Nicholson (1943-) and Richard Nicholson (1953-2014), Sydney Nicholson died on 30 August 1962 in Northampton, Northamptonshire, Bernnadette Veronica (Green) Nicholson died on 8 May 2008 (same place).

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Wanderer

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 11:31:11 AM »
Wow! You have just solved a mystery. My aunt Anna left for England in 1949 the details behind her leaving are sketchy. I am in contact with my cousin Steve the son of Bernadette, a name she was never, ever called! I think that I will invest in Ancestry.com and maybe one of the Military websites. Spain is in complete lockdown.
Kind regards