Author Topic: British. airline collapse - also screwed Belfast air travel  (Read 879 times)

James James

British. airline collapse - also screwed Belfast air travel
« on: March 05, 2020, 06:14:29 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51749152

"Scottish airline Loganair has announced it will take up two routes formerly flown by Flybe out of Belfast City Airport."

"Flybe went into administration earlier on Thursday, putting 2,000 jobs at risk across the UK."

"All Flybe flights were cancelled and its passengers have been advised not to go to the airport."

"Flybe operated 14 routes from Belfast City Airport - about 80% of its scheduled flights."        Etcetera,...

Billy Fish

Re: British. airline collapse - also screwed Belfast air travel
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bbcs-stephen-nolan-lost-a-lot-of-money-in-flybe-takeover-39017073.html

One makes an investment, sometimes one is fortunate to see that investment pay dividends, sometimes not.  :D
I hardly think the 'sensationalist headline',  of this thread warrant any due merit. Perhaps it's just another 'doom laden' post, another feeble pop at our great wee country of Northern Ireland ?  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

James James

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 06:20:25 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51826307

"Belfast City Airport: ... Two food outlets temporarily close after Flybe collapse"

"Belfast City Airport lost about 80% of its flights because of Flybe's collapse"

James James

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 10:46:59 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51826307

"It is understood that about 35 staff have been affected by the closures."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"On Monday, it emerged that Swissport,... who operate ground services at the airport, is also proposing to temporarily lay-off staff "

James James

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 12:30:22 AM »

CMcG

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 04:13:38 PM »

One makes an investment, sometimes one is fortunate to see that investment pay dividends, sometimes not.  :D
I hardly think the 'sensationalist headline',  of this thread warrant any due merit. Perhaps it's just another 'doom laden' post, another feeble pop at our great wee country of Northern Ireland ?  ::)

O0  Yep, that's pretty well it, I imagine I'm not alone in recognising the 'doom' merchants and the anti British-Unionist-Protestant point scorers, when they emerge from under their stones after a bad news story.  The up side is that they tend to scuttle away back under those stones again when the news ain't so bad.  :D

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

Billy Fish

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 07:35:30 PM »
O0  Yep, that's pretty well it, I imagine I'm not alone in recognising the 'doom' merchants and the anti British-Unionist-Protestant point scorers, when they emerge from under their stones after a bad news story.  The up side is that they tend to scuttle away back under those stones again when the news ain't so bad.  :D

Yes indeed. I think most people have noticed.  :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.