Author Topic: Still Puzzlef  (Read 244 times)

James Todd

Still Puzzlef
« on: March 05, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »
Hi everyone. I'm still puzzled about the name Wilson on the David McNeill and Mary Jane Gillespie marriage in 1874. Would it be possible that the Wilson could be her Mother's maiden name. I have found a marriage between a John Gillespie and an Ann Wilson 1852, on the Irish Civil Records site. I have no idea where the area is in relation to Portadown. Could I get someone to take a look and tell me if the area is near Portadown and if it could be the Mother's maiden name. Mothers name was Sarah Ann. Any info greatly appreciated  and again a Big Thanks to all who have helped me in the past. Cheers. Jim :)

CMcG

Re: Still Puzzlef
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
This couple lived in townlands within the civil parish of Taughboyne, Co. Donegal, approximately 70 miles from Portadown, I see no connection.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

James Todd

Re: Still Puzzlef
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 10:59:45 PM »
Hi .Thanks. Its just that the date and the names seemed to connect to what I was looking for. I'll keep looking. Thanks again. Jim