Author Topic: Fortwilliam Presbyterian Church records  (Read 158 times)

Bill Sloan

Fortwilliam Presbyterian Church records
« on: March 13, 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
Hello - does anyone know what might have happened to the records of the Fortwilliam Presbyterian Church (off the Antrim Road) when it closed several years ago?  I am looking to trace some family members that might have attended the church in the 1930s.  Thanks.

Billy Fish

Re: Fortwilliam Presbyterian Church records
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 08:03:11 AM »
Hello - does anyone know what might have happened to the records of the Fortwilliam Presbyterian Church (off the Antrim Road) when it closed several years ago?  I am looking to trace some family members that might have attended the church in the 1930s.  Thanks.

They could still be in Church hands, or alternatively have been deposited with the Public Records Office of Northern Ireland. (PRONI)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

Bill Sloan

Re: Fortwilliam Presbyterian Church records
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 12:37:31 PM »
Hello Billy - Thanks for the reply. I thought perhaps I might turn up someone on the Forum who was involved in the winding down of the church, who might have a direct knowledge of where the records ended up, but my fallback was going to be the Presbyterian Church in NI or PRONI.  A contributor on the Genealogy Board also suggested the Presbyterian History Society. I will give one or all of these a go. Cheers.