Author Topic: Does anyone remember a circus in the Shore Road area in Nov 1974? (Not Grove)  (Read 307 times)

ConnallMcStravick

I'm searching for anyone who would know information or could point me in the right direction. I need to find out if there was a circus on (or around) the Shore Road in November of 1974. Anything from a community run circus-like event to an actual circus. I'm aware of the Grove Theatre Christmas circus but that's not what I'm looking for. Any help from older residents that remember anything like this would be great.

Thanks!

MargaretS

I'm searching for anyone who would know information or could point me in the right direction. I need to find out if there was a circus on (or around) the Shore Road in November of 1974. Anything from a community run circus-like event to an actual circus. I'm aware of the Grove Theatre Christmas circus but that's not what I'm looking for. Any help from older residents that remember anything like this would be great.

Thanks!

There was a carnival in one of the streets facing the railway station
In middle to late 1960s don't know if it was still there in 1970s
The crimes of the B specials the R U C the U D R and the British ARMY should never be forgotten   justice for all
no matter how long it takes

ConnallMcStravick

There was a carnival in one of the streets facing the railway station
In middle to late 1960s don't know if it was still there in 1970s

Thank you for posting. Do you have any more information on this carnival or maybe a street name?

Appreciate it.

Bread Basket

Iíve searched online newspapers for that date and nothing is showing for a circus on Shore Rd.
I realise that you already know about The Grove but this clip may also be of interest.

https://digitalfilmarchive.net/media/super-8-stories-fossetts-circus-625

poacher

Yes but it has moved to stormont buildings now

tommytwotoes

Thank you for posting. Do you have any more information on this carnival or maybe a street name?

Appreciate it. Connall there was a circus back in the early 60,s the name was Bertram mills circus ,, if you type in the name in the search box top right of the forum page you mite get lucky ,,
regards tommy
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96