Author Topic: Cowden family information required  (Read 572 times)

Katrina/Colin

Re: Cowden family information required
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 11:30:02 PM »
Hello just by chance I came across this thread I believe the Robert John Cowden your enquiring about is my grandfather but I cant be sure if its same? he passed away august 1984 from malcolm street? His wife was Joan Margret Cowden passed away aug 2004

Hi Louise, your grandfather Robert & my wife's father Hamilton went to the Isle of Man together in around 1938 / 39.  They both met & married Manx ladies, Joan Parry in your Robert's case, Joan Corkill in our case, so ironically both ended up Joan Cowden. My wife & one of your parents would be cousins.

Two weeks ago my wife knew nothing of her Belfast family, we probably now have about 150~200 names in the tree but no relative contacts until now.
It would be great if your ok to send me a message with some contact details and hopefully we can start to build some bridges to reunite Katrina with her Belfast family. 

Thank you very much for your reply.   Colin

Louise c

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 11:39:11 PM »
Hi yes my granny cowdens maiden name was parry i believe, my dad Frank passed away 4 years ago wouldve been your wifes cousin my emails louisecowden2108 gmail.com if youd like to pop an email i can let you know what i know of this side of the family

Katrina/Colin

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2020, 11:40:12 PM »
More details posted in the Lost Family & friends section, link here

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,79789.0.html

Katrina/Colin

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2020, 11:51:29 PM »
Hi yes my granny cowdens maiden name was parry i believe, my dad Frank passed away 4 years ago wouldve been your wifes cousin my emails if youd like to pop an email i can let you know what i know of this side of the family

Hopefully you have mail!