Author Topic: Rachel Johnston Anderson nee Wilmont  (Read 625 times)

melsi_d

Rachel Johnston Anderson nee Wilmont
« on: May 02, 2020, 12:01:31 AM »
I'm hoping to connect with family of the late Rachel Johnston Anderson nee Wilmont. Rachel was born in 1919 to Willy and Margaret Wilmont. She was born on/in Carntell (Rd?) Upper Belfast Rural, and passed away in 2010. Rachel was my late Granda Robert Wilmonts 1st cousin.

Bread Basket

Re: Rachel Johnston Anderson nee Wilmont
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:27:13 AM »
Here are some members of the Wilmont family that may give you some leads.

Hope this helps

melsi_d

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 12:16:37 PM »
Bread Basket these are great, as they have my great grandfather 'Joseph Samuel Wilmont' I'm the family mentioned in Australia 😀 I've never seen them before. And the name of the order they were in. I can see Rachel mentioned, I'm literally after as much family history as possible to be honest. She was the first grandchild and guess I'm hoping she may have passed stories, photos ect to her family.

Bread Basket

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:22:25 PM »
Bread Basket these are great, as they have my great grandfather 'Joseph Samuel Wilmont' I'm the family mentioned in Australia 😀 I've never seen them before. And the name of the order they were in. I can see Rachel mentioned, I'm literally after as much family history as possible to be honest. She was the first grandchild and guess I'm hoping she may have passed stories, photos ect to her family.
As Rachel only died in 2010 then there is a very slim chance of picking anything up online relating directly to her. However I will keep plugging away.
Not sure what family info that you have but i’ll Send some more stuff and you can decide if you wish to keep it.  
stay safe in Aus.  incarcerated here since 11th March 😭😷

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 12:30:04 PM »
Now you know where Rachel got her 2nd Christian name from 😜

Bread Basket

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 12:47:09 PM »

Bread Basket

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 01:03:44 PM »
Looks like quite a few of the Male members of the Wilmont families were heavily into the L.O.L (loyal orange lodge) as there are lots of newspaper reference to them.  they were also very active at the sport of “bowls” 👍🏼👍🏼

Bread Basket

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 01:23:19 PM »

Bread Basket

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 01:32:40 PM »

You naughty boy Walter 🤣🤣

melsi_d

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 11:24:43 PM »
Thank Bread Basket. Yes I do have some of this information. Daniel and Rachel are my g g grandparents. They moved to Belfast from around the Coleraine area after they were married. She was actually 5 months pregnant when they were married. The Wilmonts have been spelt Wilmot and some have stayed that way in Coleraine but our side started to spell it Wilmont and it has stayed that way in the Belfast area. The articles are fantastic, where do I find these? We've also been incarcerated since March lol and in between home schooling I've picked up my obsession of searching for my family. Rachel (the 1st)  was actually sisters with Martha Rankin. She married the head of the Rankin Furniture - John Alexander Rankin. My granda stayed with them in Jordanstown when their house was bombed during the Blitz. That's another area I'm looking at, trying to find a picture of the house.

Bread Basket

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 11:32:42 PM »
Great that you already have some of the info...l did the house have a name... or do you have an address?
2333hrs here and off to dream about our local Italian opening and us having a meal out with our beautiful 12 & 7 year old grand daughters 😍
Speak soon
Stay safe

melsi_d

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2020, 11:01:01 AM »
Italian sounds Devine, enjoy the time with your grandchildren. Do you happen to know if I can contact the Loyal Organge Lodge in Mossley, I'm wondering if they may have photos of the Wilmont brothers from all that time ago?

Bread Basket

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 01:24:37 PM »