Author Topic: Corpus Christie priest  (Read 976 times)

Flipping heck

Corpus Christie priest
« on: May 03, 2020, 10:36:51 AM »
I am shocked and horrified, why is this priest putting the lives of his Parishioners at risk by calling them out to stand in a queue for over an hour to hear their confession right in the middle of a Pandemic of a killer virus covid 19, does he not understand what going out for essential things means, does he not understand ď Stay home Save lives. He stated he had been meeting people privately to hear their confession, well Fr Paddy MCafferty Corpus Christie PP think that would work out better. Confession is a very private moment so why in Gods name was this allowed to be reported, in newspapers and TV news, and photos taken during the private moments of confession, are you needing the attention, because your parishioners donít need to be placed at risk. I didnít see any antibacterial sprays about him to spray the locked gates,
Last week it was reported Fr McCafferty blessing the streets, Fr McCafferty your heart may be in the right place but certainly not your mind.
People are scared and lonely, a wee phone call might break their long day, and it will surely not put them at risk of this horrible virus. Letís keep your parishioners safe, along with the News reporters and TV crew you attracted to you in your moment of attention and madness. Stay at home Stay Safe.

Dub

Re: Corpus Christie priest
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
Is he an idiot? What is his bishop doing about it. Public safety is of the most importance now.He should be taken to task by his Bishop.
If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

tours

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 03:42:10 PM »
Father Paddy is a good God fearing Priest.
I sometimes have to discern whether attacks on here, against anything Catholic, is either pure sectarian bigotry or genuine concern.🤔🙄
I have been receiving the sacrament of confession since the lock down started.
Blessed by a very Holy Catholic Priest in Our locality. So what Father Paddy is doing, is nothing new.
Confession usually last no more than 3-5 minutes at a safe distance.
People are more likely to catch the virus visiting Asda, Tesscos or winemark.
Unfortunately today, its hard to envisage large lines of people waiting for confession.
So lets be honest, a lot of the faux outrage is from people who do not practice a christian faith or from those who use any excuse to attack Catholicism or religious faith.

A cursory glance of anything Father Patrick has been doing in the Ballymurphy Parish, in bringing people closer to God and a little comfort, has been very much welcomed in the area.
Father Patrick, an apostle of Christ.🙏❤️😇

Orior

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 04:17:28 PM »
I think his heart is in the right place. But whilst the visitors are conforming to social distancing guidelines, the confessional box would need sprayed with disinfectant after every visitor.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Flipping heck

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 04:50:30 PM »
Well he said there are other priests performing the act of confession in this manner, where I do not know, they obviously didnít bring it to the attention of the press, plus he is going to do it again next week, Why behind locked gates, why not stand 2 metres apart, but that wouldnít make a good photo snap. Please parishioners of Corpus Christie, stay at home, save lives. There was a time when people may not have spoken about a priest, however he needs called out on this, I know some may be angry at me speaking about their PP, maybe he is a great priest however itís their lives Iím concerned about, not his need for public attention. We will soon be hitting 400 people dead here, in less than 2 months, Stay Home Stay Safe, please, Iím sure if you say your act of contrition in your own home, in your own time, youíll not need to queue for over an hour for forgiveness from God, carried out by Fr Paddy McCafferty sitting behind a lock gate of a church having his photo taken in the middle of it. To everyone Stay Safe.

pete57

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 09:18:06 PM »
Well he said there are other priests performing the act of confession in this manner, where I do not know, they obviously didnít bring it to the attention of the press, plus he is going to do it again next week, Why behind locked gates, why not stand 2 metres apart, but that wouldnít make a good photo snap. Please parishioners of Corpus Christie, stay at home, save lives. There was a time when people may not have spoken about a priest, however he needs called out on this, I know some may be angry at me speaking about their PP, maybe he is a great priest however itís their lives Iím concerned about, not his need for public attention. We will soon be hitting 400 people dead here, in less than 2 months, Stay Home Stay Safe, please, Iím sure if you say your act of contrition in your own home, in your own time, youíll not need to queue for over an hour for forgiveness from God, carried out by Fr Paddy McCafferty sitting behind a lock gate of a church having his photo taken in the middle of it. To everyone Stay Safe.
a very honest and considered post.  thank you.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that these " Exhibitionist " Roman Catholics Priests , have never read a BIBLE    :o

JOHN 14 : 6 Douay-Rheims Bible

Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

IF ONE CLAIMS TO BE A BELIEVER, ALL ONE NEEDS TO DO IS PRAY TO THE FATHER / GOD, AND CONFESS YOUR SINS ,

AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS --- IN PRIVATE

Matthew 6:1-34               

ďBeware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father

who is in heaven. ďThus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets,

that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left

hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

ďAnd when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the streetcorners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ...           
TRUTH, is in the eyes of the beholder, but it's a pity that some have Cataracts

pete57

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 09:33:57 PM »
amen  ;) and not to be polliticaly incorrect  .awomen 

tours

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 10:21:24 PM »
I think his heart is in the right place. But whilst the visitors are conforming to social distancing guidelines, the confessional box would need sprayed with disinfectant after every visitor.
Father Paddy, like my own local Priest, are carrying out the sacrament of confession outdoors... 2 meters apart.

tours

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2020, 10:24:34 PM »
So your on a 'get father Paddy' mission. At least, thats the tone of your post.
You have accused him of seeking press attention, also seeking public attention and good photo opportunities.
Simple question. How and why do you come to these conclusions?
Also, if you knew anything about the Catholic sacrament of confession, you would know its carried out weekly.
So why the faux shock, that Father Patrick is carrying out weekly confession?
Also, do you know for a fact that the queues are 1 hour long? 🙄
Locked gates, who told you that? Lol.
Also the gates can easily reflect the partition within the confessional box, at least the idea of it. Its not complicated.
If you knew your Catholic faith properly, the act of confession and contrition can only be carried out one to one, between a Priest and another. That you think one can somehow do it DIY, well.... Totally wrong and deluded.
Your whole post, when reading between the lines and its ignorance, is simply a personal attack of a good Priest who has his local parishioners spiritual interests at heart.
As I said before, you more likely to catch coronavirus standing in a queue for Asda, Winemark or petrol.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2020, 11:15:03 PM »

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/05/30/news/outspoken-priest-has-said-he-will-protest-outside-irish-abortion-clinics-1342487/

Corinthians 6:19-20 ----------------- He doesn't have much respect for his     ::)

https://carm.org/sermon-1-corinthians-619-20-your-body-his-temple

I think he could rightly be classed as a Dissident   ???

Read the comments   ;)
TRUTH, is in the eyes of the beholder, but it's a pity that some have Cataracts

Flipping heck

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2020, 11:47:37 PM »
Bloomfield you may have something there, I didnít see that article.

Flipping heck

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2020, 11:50:12 PM »
Pete 57 just love that Amen :D

tours

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 12:31:54 AM »

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/05/30/news/outspoken-priest-has-said-he-will-protest-outside-irish-abortion-clinics-1342487/

Corinthians 6:19-20 ----------------- He doesn't have much respect for his     ::)

https://carm.org/sermon-1-corinthians-619-20-your-body-his-temple

I think he could rightly be classed as a Dissident   ???

Read the comments   ;)
Abortion and sodomy are both mortal sins in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church.
Both punishable by God.
So how is Father Patrick Mc Cafferty a dissident???
Then you make a vile personal attack on a man of the cloths weight...?
For all you know, he may have a medical condition.
Sectarianism is blinding.... 🙄

tours

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 02:15:02 AM »
That would probably need done, with or without the virus... 😁
I get your point.. Lol