Author Topic: Mike Nesbitt  (Read 2767 times)

allymac

Re: Mike Nesbitt
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 04:12:46 PM »
Mike and his wife have separated. He is living with his new partner, and travelling to and from work. He was not going to a second holiday home.
Why did he resign from his position if he is so innocent?
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

allymac

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 04:23:54 PM »
Is she so innocent?
From what I know I would say,in light of what HE did....YES

ballysillan old boy

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 04:37:36 PM »
Politicians are not exempt from lockdown rules they can,t expect to lay down the rules then break them
Nesbitt is no different than the ordinary man in the street perhaps the PSNI should look into this, the Chief Medical Officer Catherine Calderwood in Scotland left her home during lockdown to visit her holiday home in Fife she was exposed by the press and was visited by the police

jillyfred

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 05:05:14 PM »
Unfortunately since he gave up his `day job`he seems to have been on a downward `spiral`.

As I understand it,since January he has been living in `one room far from North Belfast` and visiting
a female friend at her 3 bedroomed house `in Portballintrae.

This shows a complete lack of intelligence,arrogance  and common sense.
How he even considered for a moment he would not be exposed is beyond comprehension.
Portballintrae or any other area in N.I. he would have been spotted and the Media briefed.

IMHO as always.

jilly

Orior

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2020, 05:08:25 PM »
Unfortunately since he gave up his `day job`he seems to have been on a downward `spiral`.

As I understand it,since January he has been living in `one room far from North Belfast` and visiting
a female friend at her 3 bedroomed house `in Portballintrae.

This shows a complete lack of intelligence,arrogance  and common sense.
How he even considered for a moment he would not be exposed is beyond comprehension.
Portballintrae or any other area in N.I. he would have been spotted and the Media briefed.

IMHO as always.

jilly

Why is it a downward spiral? Lots of people separate and go on to have very successful careers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2020, 05:10:14 PM »
Why did he resign from his position if he is so innocent?

Why hang around for the baying mob? Separation is tough enough without that. Let him get on with his life.

syriana

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 05:29:50 PM »
I was introduced to him years ago inside a bar in Donegal Pass frequented by the UTV crowd.  I had a chat with him, was a nice guy - but that was before he went into politics.  I didn't know that he had split from his wife.  I suppose he should have known better - a politician needs to watch his back.

How did he get caught?  If I was a naughty politician (which I'm not) who wanted to visit a 'friend' - I would have prepped my trip with a good cover story.
No answer is an answer.

jillyfred

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »
Why is it a downward spiral? Lots of people separate and go on to have very successful careers.
==
Orior I was referring to his departure from Television to enter the N.I.Political Arena.

His marital situation I knew nothing about until today, and never would have done if he had not
acted as he has in the situation we all find ourselves in.

jilly

jillyfred

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2020, 06:37:56 PM »
I was introduced to him years ago inside a bar in Donegal Pass frequented by the UTV crowd.  I had a chat with him, was a nice guy - but that was before he went into politics.  I didn't know that he had split from his wife.  I suppose he should have known better - a politician needs to watch his back.

How did he get caught?  If I was a naughty politician (which I'm not) who wanted to visit a 'friend' - I would have prepped my trip with a good cover story.
==
Syriana with this `lockdown`there was no way he could have come up with any excuse for his regular visits that would have been believed.
Having said that I do have sympathy for him as he has had a few very sad things in his personal life to deal with this year-his marriage and his Mother dying.

No ordinary person would have gone undetected never mind one in the Public Eye!
In my area people are constantly being stopped by Police and asked where they are going as they are in many areas of the Province.
Several have been caught out in lies and well warned as they should be.

jilly

Billy Fish

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »
One should expect much better from someone educated at Cambridge. Not the first time he's been involved in controversy.
Makes a change I suppose, from inspecting the carpet (at very close quarters) in the Stormont Hotel.  :D
What a wally.   :D
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

syriana

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 07:25:36 PM »
==
Syriana with this `lockdown`there was no way he could have come up with any excuse for his regular visits that would have been believed.
Having said that I do have sympathy for him as he has had a few very sad things in his personal life to deal with this year-his marriage and his Mother dying.

No ordinary person would have gone undetected never mind one in the Public Eye!
In my area people are constantly being stopped by Police and asked where they are going as they are in many areas of the Province.
Several have been caught out in lies and well warned as they should be.

jilly

Point taken Jilly.  I have been confined to the house for six weeks now - I think I'm developing losing reality symptoms.
No answer is an answer.

allymac

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2020, 10:14:06 PM »
Why hang around for the baying mob? Separation is tough enough without that. Let him get on with his life.

JackM

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2020, 11:53:07 AM »
What a FOOL, he has been.   :D
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Orior

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2020, 02:56:41 PM »
What a FOOL, he has been.   :D

In what way? Is it because he was perceived to have broken a lockdown rule?

allymac

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2020, 03:24:04 PM »
In what way? Is it because he was perceived to have broken a lockdown rule?
So,did he not?Did he resign for nothing?This must be a first for you anyway....trying to defend a Unionist,even a half baked one.