Author Topic: Dundonald Cemetery  (Read 769 times)

hewardine32

Dundonald Cemetery
« on: May 16, 2020, 08:26:09 PM »
I have located a plan of Dundonald cemetery from the internet and the graveyard is split up into rectangles, some are letters,some are just numbers, but its difficult to figure out how to link a grave number (eg D4 554) with a rectangle.Does anyone know how it works. I tried to upload a copy of the plan to this forum but was unsuccessful.Thanks

Bread Basket

Re: Dundonald Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 09:49:55 AM »
https://youtu.be/RHM7P1KAFds

Take a look at the above video link. When you watch the clip you will see the contact details of a guy who wrote a detailed book on the cemetery. Iím sure if you send him an email that you will probably get a positive response.

Good luck

hewardine32

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 12:24:56 PM »
Thanks BB.Coincidentally i joined a facebook group called Dundonald past and present a few days ago and the guy whowrote the book is a member, and he very kindly offered to tray and find my family members graves for me (i dont live in NI)Thanks for the link though.

Bread Basket

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »
Thanks BB.Coincidentally i joined a facebook group called Dundonald past and present a few days ago and the guy whowrote the book is a member, and he very kindly offered to tray and find my family members graves for me (i dont live in NI)Thanks for the link though.

👍🏼
Good luck

wb54

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 12:01:22 PM »
Hi hewardine32,
                         Have you found the grave of your family in Dundonald Cemetery?
                         Search on Belfast City council burial records and enter the name
                         also you can see who else is in the grave.

Best regards,        Billy.