Author Topic: cant get into Belfast forum  (Read 1835 times)

angelcalm

cant get into Belfast forum
« on: May 16, 2020, 09:13:29 PM »
Hello can someone help my brother in Taunton uk cant get access to Belfast Forum and no emails have arrived to help him
don't worry,,,,, Be Happy.

Number26

Re: cant get into Belfast forum
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
In what way canít he get access to it?

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 09:49:35 PM »

Is yer Brother trying to get  on the Forum, by using this ------------Many Forums, do not approve of this   ;)

AND , they can tell when yer using it  ::)

https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/vpns-101-vpnmentors-vpn-guide-newbies/
The Bible would be more believable had Hemingway written it.  He was a master at making fiction seem real.

angelcalm

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:12:37 PM »
Hi Brother-inlaw tries to sign in the forum sends email for him to sign in he never receives email  so can't sign in

Number26

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 08:40:28 PM »
Stupid question,but is he using correct e mail addy

JohnKelly

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 01:39:12 AM »
Stupid question,but is he using correct e mail addy

:hi: Yeah, I think that could be the problem, I reckon he has used an incorrect email address to join the group and is now unable to activate the account via the email which you must do to complete membership.

My advice would be to forget the first membership application and complete another application using a different user name whilst making sure he is using the correct email address.

I hope this makes sense because I have in the past experienced the same problem.

angelcalm

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 10:21:32 PM »
Hi ive asked that already lol would one of you fine people Email him [email protected] pretty please lol thank you very much for taking the time to answer

jillyfred

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 12:38:18 PM »
I don`t understand why he needs a Member to email him.

Applying to join could not be simpler.

jilly

JohnKelly

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 01:50:14 PM »
I don`t understand why he needs a Member to email him.

Applying to join could not be simpler.

jilly

When you register to join a forum such as this you are required to provide an email address as well as a user name, when you hit the submit button an email reply is automatically generated which instructs you to activate your account by clicking on the link provided in the body of the email. Once the activation is completed this enables you to log in to the forum using your user name and password.

The problem anglecalm's brother is having is that he is not receiving the reply activation email and so he is unable to activate the account.

The reason he wanted someone to email him was to confirm that his email address was not corrupt, I emailed him and his email address is correct.

angelcalm

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 03:14:24 PM »
thank you

angelcalm

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 09:35:39 PM »
thats exactly correct just to check his email is working , He has given up but thank you for reading my posts i appreciate it

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 10:34:47 PM »
When you register to join a forum such as this you are required to provide an email address as well as a user name, when you hit the submit button an email reply is automatically generated which instructs you to activate your account by clicking on the link provided in the body of the email. Once the activation is completed this enables you to log in to the forum using your user name and password.

The problem anglecalm's brother is having is that he is not receiving the reply activation email and so he is unable to activate the account.

The reason he wanted someone to email him was to confirm that his email address was not corrupt, I emailed him and his email address is correct.

Maybe his EMAIL address is correct , but was he using a bogus VPN  IP NUMBER  ;)

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=bogus+VPN++IP+NUMBER%2C+THE+BaNE+OF+FORUM+MODERATORS&ia=web

https://forums.whatismyipaddress.com/viewtopic.php?t=11889
The Bible would be more believable had Hemingway written it.  He was a master at making fiction seem real.

angelcalm

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 03:09:12 AM »
Thank you will check with him tomorrow appreciate your answer xxx

jillyfred

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 08:06:21 AM »
Maybe his EMAIL address is correct , but was he using a bogus VPN  IP NUMBER  ;)

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=bogus+VPN++IP+NUMBER%2C+THE+BaNE+OF+FORUM+MODERATORS&ia=web

https://forums.whatismyipaddress.com/viewtopic.php?t=11889
====
Bloomfield what would be the reason for using `bogus`identity?
Seems a weird thing to do to join the Forum.

jilly x

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 09:02:55 AM »
====
Bloomfield what would be the reason for using `bogus`identity?
Seems a weird thing to do to join the Forum.

jilly x

When someone gets Banned from a Forum ; it makes it easier for them to RE-join the Forum, surreptitiously....they think..  ;)

BUT , Every Forum Moderator has access to every Member's IP ADDRESS , on every Post  :preved: