Author Topic: Coronavirus: Online book of remembrance  (Read 219 times)

Coronavirus: Online book of remembrance
« on: May 22, 2020, 07:54:18 PM »
Would anyone know if anything along this line has been set up for Northern Ireland? If not, any suggestions how to go about doing so? 

I'm sure, like me, there are many families who have lost loved ones by this thief Covid-19 and would like to have them remembered by the people in a place they were born and where one day hoped to return.  Promises made to those loved ones to lay their ashes to rest with their family, is an agonising sense of depair especially for those living far away from Northern Ireland, not knowing if or  when it may ever happen. 

I can't help feeling this suggestion may go some way to helping ease the personal loss and promises made. 

For all those who have had to deal with this awful scenario, my heart goes out to you and may your loved one's RIP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52764444

jillyfred

Re: Coronavirus: Online book of remembrance
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »
Whilst I have no idea how your suggestion could be implemented on the Internet 17124,my heart goes out to you and all those who have lost loved ones to this horrendous virus.

May God Bless you and give you comfort.

jilly

ldugan

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 09:18:39 PM »
Would anyone know if anything along this line has been set up for Northern Ireland? If not, any suggestions how to go about doing so? 

I'm sure, like me, there are many families who have lost loved ones by this thief Covid-19 and would like to have them remembered by the people in a place they were born and where one day hoped to return.  Promises made to those loved ones to lay their ashes to rest with their family, is an agonising sense of depair especially for those living far away from Northern Ireland, not knowing if or  when it may ever happen. 

I can't help feeling this suggestion may go some way to helping ease the personal loss and promises made. 

For all those who have had to deal with this awful scenario, my heart goes out to you and may your loved one's RIP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52764444
17124, there does not seem to be a Book of Condolences here at the moment.
It is a great idea and comforting for the families who have lost love ones .
I have contact a few Councillors so hopefully some can help 🙂

Ps Just got a message saying that there are discussions going on at Belfast City council about this. Will keep you informed of any progress.
We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 02:55:55 PM »
Thank you jilly for your kind words, much appreciated

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:58:59 PM »
17124, there does not seem to be a Book of Condolences here at the moment.
It is a great idea and comforting for the families who have lost love ones .
I have contact a few Councillors so hopefully some can help 🙂

Ps Just got a message saying that there are discussions going on at Belfast City council about this. Will keep you informed of any progress.
Thank you Idugan for your help and hope the discussions come to fruition.  I look forward to hearing of any progress.

ldugan

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:03:21 PM »
Thank you Idugan for your help and hope the discussions come to fruition.  I look forward to hearing of any progress.
👍🙂
We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.