Author Topic: Burville  (Read 514 times)

Jefficon

Burville
« on: May 26, 2020, 04:03:46 PM »
Hi . I am looking for information on the burville family .
All I have is a frank burville who was born in Ireland and lived in Belfast he had a older sister Eileen burville who is mentioned in posts on her regarding working in a hotel . Frank is 66 this year while Eileen died not so long ago as Eileen Tandy . I know Eileen is known to live at meadow street , not sure what number  or who with. Speaking to frank he says he Remembers living at earl street. And his dad was a orphan who married a mccrystal. Frank middle name is William , but we are unsure if this is his dads name or other family descendant.
  Frank moved to London Harrow where he married a Janet fox , was a shop keeper and bouncer before working and returning in Wiltshire . At early age he worked and become head waiter at the royal avenue hotel !!
   I am trying to find his parents who are no longer with us and thier history . There is a f burville listed in another site sited as a labourer , are they the same frank !!

sam barry

Re: Burville
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 05:07:08 PM »
Found this Marriage record if it's any help:
M/1944/G1/2506/9/21
Frank
Burville
McCrystall
27th June 1944
Antrim

M/1944/G1/2506/9/21
Gertrude
McCrystall
Burville
27th June 1944
Antrim

To get the full Certificate you would have buy credits and view at :https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Jefficon

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »
Thank you mr parry that was a big help and sort off linked a few things together that I already knew but needed to clarify .

On that note does anyone know if thier we’re orphanage registers I could search from Belfast from 1917 . And in that era what happened to orphans when they become of age !!

Jefficon

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 09:20:49 PM »
HI ALL
This is a update, i done my research, and pretty much still in the dark about most things however the history is.
Gertrude MCrystall  1913-1989  lived in ireland, she had a child in 1937  out of wedlock and i guess was forced to give him up to be fostered, Mr q is now 82 and livng somwhere in england , when Mr q was 7 and fostered( unable to find dad or foster parents) moved to Belfast. this would be 1942/1943.
In the meanwhile her future husband Frank Burvill 1917-1987, Senior ,had joined the army/navy and was transferred to Belfast, where he met Gertrude who worked in the N.A.A.F.I, They married the following year 1944, where he  went off to war, survived. Begin away along time they cuddled up and Eileen Rose was born  1946-2017? was born followed by Frank  william junior in 1954. I have no birth certificates to prove this, only on hearsay, They lived in sailortown antrim, Earl street , no 126 frank labourer is the nearest i have found, and on this site Eileen is mentioned living in Meadow street, near to the big hotels where Eileen was waitress . while Frank went on to be head chef at another Hotel. From here , with the troubles in Ireland, they  possibly moved to london, not sure what year and how  . Eileen history says  after living with her parents she she married a Edward Tandy and lived in Coventry and had one son. Frank lived in Harrow where he met a Janet Fox and had two sons Ben malcolm burville 1980 and Sam George Burville 1984. Frank was said to have owned or ran a corner shop. His Parents moved around, cambridge was mentioned, and they both died in 1987/89.  In 1980 onwrds they moved from london to wiltshire where they all still live frank has just retired at 66.
the questions i love to get the answer is

Frank snr came from london was told Frank jr he was orphan. so i presume as its 1917/18 his dad died in france/flanders as theres plenty of contenders in the war records, and a big burville presence. secondly Did his dad marry at that young age. i presume this as Frank dad was still called Burville, meaning either the unknown wife died in birth/spainish flu/ etc. Or was it a one night stand, and his dad never knew about him, and the woman gave him the Burville surname convinced he was the father!!!
i have a strong suspect in edward henry burville 1898-1918 . but have middle names which i need to work on
Frank William Burville. jr -   

William could be Franks unknown dad who died in war and he learnt
his parents name later on in life and gave it to Frank junior
Ben Malcolm BurvilleWe known this is Frank juniors wife maiden name
Sam George Burville
not researched this yet.

if this helps jog anyones memory #it be a big help.

on the edge of this research i came across a author mary McCartan whowrote a book with a Patrick J McCRYSTALL calledthe long road to freedom- about life in ireland  - serving in the warand the bombings in ireland where he lost a daughter in omagh.she did not know the burville connection until nowbut she is the daughter of Mr q who Gertrude gave away in 1937.
which clarifed some of my research.

Jefficon

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 08:57:45 PM »
updatei am led to believe that Frank burville and his wife Getrude house was burnt down in the troubles 1969-1971 , Was this the same time as her Hotel she worked as waitres was attacked!! Frank junior would have been 17/18 and attained a head waiters job in the Royal avenue Hotel . I not sure if at 26 eileen had moved out and lived upper meadow lane , or she still lived with her parents. but they all seem to have ended up in london england.