Author Topic: ARKLE. death of a legend. 31st may 1970  (Read 409 times)

moorsy

ARKLE. death of a legend. 31st may 1970
« on: May 31, 2020, 03:55:38 PM »

[size=78%]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkle[/size]
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

moorsy

arkie two

Re: ARKLE. death of a legend. 31st may 1970
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 11:17:02 AM »
what a horse.THE GREATEST CHASER. PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE. GOT A GOOD LAUGH LAUGH THE OTHER DAY READING A BOOK.. A P MC. COY. HE SAYS DESERT ORCHID IS A BETTER HORSE.

FLYINGBOLT

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
gold cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2obAN9XAzY

I really enjoyed watching that race again,two magnificent horses in their prime,an absolute classic. I was a teenager then and I still remember it as if it was yesterday,it's scary now looking back and wondering where the intervening fifty odd years have gone.
Politicians are like a bunch of bananas. .not a straight one among them.

arkie two

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 06:31:53 PM »
yep time just flys. ARKLE WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL.YOU KNOW HE GAVE MILL HOUSE 25 lbs.later on and destroyed him he broke its heart. didn't you know they had to make 2 handicaps in his races flyingbolt was also a great horse as was sprinter sacre.  I cant understand why p taffe didn't pull him up in the king George on boxing day he knew the horse wasn't right and he carried on. ahh great memories..

desy.

moorsy

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 07:11:13 PM »
yep time just flys. ARKLE WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL.YOU KNOW HE GAVE MILL HOUSE 25 lbs.later on and destroyed him he broke its heart. didn't you know they had to make 2 handicaps in his races flyingbolt was also a great horse as was sprinter sacre.  I cant understand why p taffe didn't pull him up in the king George on boxing day he knew the horse wasn't right and he carried on. ahh great memories..

desy.

a freak of nature, trouble was you could,nt bet on him with the odds so short.

FLYINGBOLT

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 09:37:06 PM »

I never saw a better horse than ARKLE in my lifetime but,in my humble opinion,FLYINGBOLT was his equal. Unfortunately the two horses were kept apart in races as Tom Dreaper trained both horses and he chose not to race them against  each other. Fantastic memories of both horses to this day.

Politicians are like a bunch of bananas. .not a straight one among them.

moorsy

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 10:58:26 PM »
Watching that 1964 Gold Cup, how easily did Mill House recover at the 12th. fence,brilliant !.

I have a portrait of Arkle in his #6 and yellow with black band colours on my screen saver.