Author Topic: Aeroplane  (Read 880 times)

Willty

Aeroplane
« on: June 05, 2020, 07:46:00 PM »
hi folks,does anyone know what the small aeroplane that flies slowly back and forth over Glengormley area quite regularly does,is it gps,ordinance survey or government use.

Bigali

Re: Aeroplane
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 12:30:39 PM »
If itís twin engined and usually flies reasonably high and is battleship grey itís most likely the plane from the PSNI Air Support Unit.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Orior

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 07:39:08 PM »
hi folks,does anyone know what the small aeroplane that flies slowly back and forth over Glengormley area quite regularly does,is it gps,ordinance survey or government use.

Try the smart phone app "mi Flight Radar lite"

The best is probably "Planes Live - Flight Radar". You will get 3 days free, but then you have to pay for it.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GEMMA

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 04:36:33 PM »
If itís twin engined and usually flies reasonably high and is battleship grey itís most likely the plane from the PSNI Air Support Unit.
Possibly trying to catch folk having family BBQ,s in there back yards, or my own dear Mrs G nude sun bathing. ::)

Orior

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 10:35:11 PM »
Possibly trying to catch folk having family BBQ,s in there back yards, or my own dear Mrs G nude sun bathing. ::)

Ah sure, when you've seen one, you've seen them both.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GEMMA

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 12:15:12 AM »
Ah sure, when you've seen one, you've seen them both.
They are like the great wall of China, can be seen from space. ;)

Willty

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 10:33:08 AM »
It's up there now,single engine,going quite slow,seems to fly in a grid pattern

Bigali

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 10:39:14 AM »
It's up there now,single engine,going quite slow,seems to fly in a grid pattern

Iíve just had a look on a couple of flight tracking apps I have on my iPad but nothing is showing up , some small older aircraft donít have transponders which would explain why itís not showing, if itís flying a grid itís possibly ordnance or marine survey .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

pete57

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 10:13:53 PM »
Maybe the main ROI airforce doing reconnaissance for their forthcoming invasion.  ?  ;)

jillyfred

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 12:18:28 AM »
Maybe the main ROI airforce doing reconnaissance for their forthcoming invasion.  ?  ;)
===
LOL

jilly