Author Topic: My lockdown heroís Fortwilliam Greengrocers Antrim Road Belfast  (Read 803 times)

Flipping heck

Last week all shops opened in N.I and those days of panic buying along with a long queue of people struggling to get what they needed.
Major stores tills beeping and over filling, yet in amongst all this, there were some who couldnít go out to shop, couldnít go on the internet and order food on line which itís self was an nightmare to book a slot.
Dare I use an old fashioned way, of either writing to a shop, or phoning a shop to place an order for delivery.
I have an elderly aunt who lives in Glengormley.
I contacted Fortwilliam Greengrocers Antrim Road Belfast, and each week, the young woman who took my orders (Francine) was extremely helpful and took time with me as I pondered what I could send to my aunt. Francine walked me through the shop calling out their stock, anything from bread, milk, Eggs butter potatoes ham, cheese, and lots of delicious fruit for her cereal, and a few wee jellies always was welcomed by aunt. (Well it was lockdown) Meat was sent via a local butcher.
May I say a massive Thank You Fortwilliam Greengrocers Antrim Road Belfast.
You were truly a blessing in such a frightening time, your service and wonderful delivery was vital and life saving, in which my elderly aunt (aged 92) was able to Sheild safely at home. From the bottom of my heart Thank you.

gray_marian

Re: My lockdown heroís Fortwilliam Greengrocers Antrim Road Belfast
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 02:38:12 AM »
Last week all shops opened in N.I and those days of panic buying along with a long queue of people struggling to get what they needed.
Major stores tills beeping and over filling, yet in amongst all this, there were some who couldnít go out to shop, couldnít go on the internet and order food on line which itís self was an nightmare to book a slot.
Dare I use an old fashioned way, of either writing to a shop, or phoning a shop to place an order for delivery.
I have an elderly aunt who lives in Glengormley.
I contacted Fortwilliam Greengrocers Antrim Road Belfast, and each week, the young woman who took my orders (Francine) was extremely helpful and took time with me as I pondered what I could send to my aunt. Francine walked me through the shop calling out their stock, anything from bread, milk, Eggs butter potatoes ham, cheese, and lots of delicious fruit for her cereal, and a few wee jellies always was welcomed by aunt. (Well it was lockdown) Meat was sent via a local butcher.
May I say a massive Thank You Fortwilliam Greengrocers Antrim Road Belfast.
You were truly a blessing in such a frightening time, your service and wonderful delivery was vital and life saving, in which my elderly aunt (aged 92) was able to Sheild safely at home. From the bottom of my heart Thank you.

Hear hear Flipping heck, well done Francine, the Fortwilliam Greengrocers and the local butcher, that's what I call service. O0

Bigali

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 06:52:09 AM »
Well done Francine itís great that there are still good people out there willing to take the time to help others  :clapping:
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

BelfastGale

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 07:50:23 AM »
Hiya... what shop was it? My partner is from Newington Antrim rd and it's good to give a shout out to local shops

stickleback

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 12:21:59 AM »

Nice work Francine.

I suspect people are now at breaking point with the lockdown. They're in the ' I'm alright, Jack' mode. It was manageable the first time around for most, aside from the panic-stricken first few weeks, but the second wave, which I fully expect, will be much more challenging.