Author Topic: Photos of Hugh McDaid (McDade)  (Read 376 times)

kerrymcdaid

Photos of Hugh McDaid (McDade)
« on: June 21, 2020, 05:23:34 PM »
Hello,
I am hoping someone can help me with my query. I am trying to find a photograph of my late grandfather, Hugh (b. 1898, d. 1949). He was, to my knowledge, a steam engine driver when he was living in Belfast. He lived with my grandmother, Josephine (nee Doherty) and their 9 (10?) children at 46, Rockville Street, off the Falls Road.

I don't know much more about him apart from him living in Derry City before signing up as an artillery soldier in 1918 (although he was never deployed to the Western Front). He met and married Josephine in the same year, and they were married at St. Columb's Church. At some point, between 1918 and 1925, they moved to Banbridge, and later, to Belfast. His parents' names were James McDaid and Mary (nee Dunne). They lived in Strabane, Co Tyrone before moving to Derry City sometime in the late nineteenth century.
If you have any photos of Hugh and/or siblings, or any information on him, it would be wonderful if you could share them with me on here. If you need any further information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me here.
Thanking you kindly in advance for your time.
Kind regards,
Kerry