Author Topic: Belfast Blitz refugees 1941  (Read 317 times)

MrsRJD

Belfast Blitz refugees 1941
« on: July 05, 2020, 09:01:21 PM »
Hi,

Would anyone know the best place to start to try and track down information on Belfast Blitz refugees in 1941? I believe my grandmother was evacuated from Belfast to Dublin, where she gave birth to my father shortly after. I am trying to garner further information - if any is held - about them, as I believe my father was one of the first babies born from an evacuated family during the BB and they had this news published in a newspaper with accompanying picture. Any help, greatly appreciated. Thanks

allymac

Re: Belfast Blitz refugees 1941
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 09:13:05 PM »
Try the War Memorial museum in Talbot street besideSt Anne's cathedral.They may be able to help
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

MrsRJD

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 08:33:14 AM »
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that.

Bread Basket

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 11:17:50 AM »
Hi,

Would anyone know the best place to start to try and track down information on Belfast Blitz refugees in 1941? I believe my grandmother was evacuated from Belfast to Dublin, where she gave birth to my father shortly after. I am trying to garner further information - if any is held - about them, as I believe my father was one of the first babies born from an evacuated family during the BB and they had this news published in a newspaper with accompanying picture. Any help, greatly appreciated. Thanks

What was your Grannies name.  it will help with the search

Bigali

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »
I know there were evacuees billeted in my home town of Ballymoney maybe the local council might have some records.

Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council (Ballymoney)
Riada House
Charles Street
Ballymoney.

Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .