Author Topic: Gaelic football & other Celtic sports return to East Belfast, to all religions  (Read 2402 times)

jjmack

True , neanderthals ... like the neanderthals in Londonderry these last four days and the bonfire defenders from the Divis area.  but of course this has been described as ' Anti - Social Behaviour ... but the dogs in the street know its sectarianism ...  ;)

Hear hear, well said.  O0
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

bjay

Derry is a predominately Nationalist city, yet the Apprentice boys marched without interference, as they have been allowed to do for years.
Orange marches are held annually in Rossnowlagh. If only the sectarian bigots of East Belfast and beyond could show such tolerance this statelet would be a much better place.

James James

James James

"East Belfast GAA thankful for support after security alert"

"East Belfast GAA have thanked the community for their support following a series of security alerts this week linked to the club."       ETCETERA ...

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/east-belfast-gaa-thankful-support-18739705

pete57

Derry is a predominately Nationalist city, yet the Apprentice boys marched without interference, as they have been allowed to do for years.
Orange marches are held annually in Rossnowlagh. If only the sectarian bigots of East Belfast and beyond could show such tolerance this statelet would be a much better place.

:read:

BLOOMFIELD

A person from the Braniel estate arrested.
Who was filling this ballons head full of hate???
Anyhows, Jilly, Bloomfield, allymac, bigali etc, will be on here condemning this very soon. 🤔

He should be moved to another Parish   ;)
The Bible would be more believable had Hemingway written it.  He was a master at making fiction seem real.

allymac

The gaa discriminated against members of the armed forces and police for years,some were even dedicated to terrorist "martyrs", so who were the bigots?
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

pete57

The gaa discriminated against members of the armed forces and police for years,some were even dedicated to terrorist "martyrs", so who were the bigots?
Amen.

Orior

That rule about British security forces was changed long ago. Your post reads that you welcome the threat to the sporting club in east Belfast. Thatís a shame.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

allymac

If that's how you see it then the shames on you.Are there any statistics to show how many Protestant or Unionists are involved in Gaa?

Orior

If that's how you see it then the shames on you.Are there any statistics to show how many Protestant or Unionists are involved in Gaa?

The GAA is open to all, unlike some other organisations in the north which impose their culture in areas where they are not wanted.

allymac

The GAA is open to all, unlike some other organisations in the north which impose their culture in areas where they are not wanted.
You haven't answered the question. Are Protestants and Unionists well represented in the Gaa?As for your referral to"other organisations"do you mean the likes of the Aoh?

Bigali

A person from the Braniel estate arrested.
Who was filling this ballons head full of hate???
Anyhows, Jilly, Bloomfield, allymac, bigali etc, will be on here condemning this very soon. 🤔

Of course I condemn it , any right thinking law abiding citizen would condemn it , a bomb threat no matter from which side of the divide it comes from is a serious criminal act .

On a slightly different note Tours , do you think the new East Belfast GAA would welcome members of the Protestant Unionist community if they expressed an interest in Gaelic games ? I mean REALLY welcome them , I donít want the standard answer of the GAA is open to all , nor do I want to hear that other standard of Linda Ervine is a supporter.

Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Orior

You haven't answered the question. Are Protestants and Unionists well represented in the Gaa?As for your referral to"other organisations"do you mean the likes of the Aoh?

I've no idea of the religious breakdown of players or members of the GAA. The fact that it does not matter is more important.

By the way, Linda Ervine (a protestant) is president of the East Belfast GAA club.

allymac

So that's one