Author Topic: Cochran(e) of Belfast  (Read 136 times)

Edward F

Cochran(e) of Belfast
« on: July 20, 2020, 08:50:33 PM »
I've been trying to locate the final resting place of my 2d great grandparents, James COCHRAN or COCHRANE and his wife Frances (née GREER). Some records show him as James Barnes Cochran.

James was a longtime merchant of Belfast and served on the Belfast Borough Council from Smithfield Ward from 1858 until his death in 1862. James died 4 September 1862 and Frances 20 January 1865; they were residents of Albion Place. (I think it's now called Bradbury Place)

I've been able to find a lot of information on this couple, but not where they're buried. Notably, the Belfast City Cemetery was not established until 1869, several years after their deaths. I've researched as many online resources as I can (obituaries, Find a Grave, PRONI, Ulster Heritage Foundation, etc.), but so far nothing. They were Church of Ireland, and St. Anne's was the family parish.

As I am in the USA and cannot presently get to Belfast to research in person, I am appealing to anyone in the Belfast area, or who has done research there, if they have this information or can point me in the right direction.