Author Topic: Leeds utd  (Read 461 times)

Number26

Leeds utd
« on: July 24, 2020, 02:23:27 PM »
Well done to Stuart Dallas who helped Leeds Utd gain promotion to the premier league and also received the accolade of players,player of the year which is a great acknowledgment by his teammates.a proud day for our wee country :clapping:

Jack The Kipper

Re: Leeds utd
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 05:54:23 PM »

Last August I backed Leeds to win Championship at 9/2 and Linfield to win Irish league at 6/4, 40 double, picked up 550 yesterday....Thanks young Stuart I owe you a pint!!
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

moorsy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 07:50:52 PM »

Make sure you treat "big Rosy "   Jack.

Finally Leeds make it back,  go to see.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

pete57

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 12:20:15 AM »
I have missed Leeds for god knows how long in the top division.. even though I hated them at the time they were up there ....its good to see them back ...up were they belong ...  ;) from a Spurs fan  :)

stickleback

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 11:16:28 PM »

When I first got into football Leeds were the best side in England, ergo the World.

The Don Revie era didn't last too long, thankfully: Football seasons last forever when you're a kid.

It's ironic that three of that great Leeds team died this year, not seeing them get back up:

Trevor Cherry, Norman Hunter and Jack Charlton.

I'm glad to see Leeds get back up, because they are a big club, from a big city, with a big fanbase. Even if they are rivals to the United I support across the Pennines. They have a mountain to climb before they're thought of in the same terms as Man United.

Big Jack Charlton, what can you say, really. He wasn't my cup of tea. A bit too full of himself and over-excitable. The kind of bloke who'd pour a glass of beer over your head and laugh, but who'd smack you on the chops if you did it to him. The polar opposite of his dour brother Bobby, who could possibly have made a good undertaker if things hadn't panned out at the football.

They'll struggle next year. They haven't got the goods to make a fist of it against the big boys. I won't be surprised if Bielsa quits in the summer before a ball is kicked. Let's see if they've got a board to back a world-class coach, which Bielsa undoubtedly is, apparently.

Nt: Congrats on the double, Kipper.  ;)

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 07:24:54 AM »

Make sure you treat "big Rosy "   Jack.

Finally Leeds make it back,  go to see.

Big Rosie is easy to treat moorsy, a bottle of vodka and she's anybody's!!  :)
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

syriana

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 10:18:50 AM »
Leeds had a great team back in the 1970's.  I will always remember the 1972 FA cup final and Mick Jones with a dislocated arm being helped up the steps by Norman Hunter to receive his winners medal.
No answer is an answer.

jillyfred

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
Well done to Stuart Dallas who helped Leeds Utd gain promotion to the premier league and also received the accolade of players,player of the year which is a great acknowledgment by his teammates.a proud day for our wee country :clapping:
===
That`s great news Number26 for N.I.

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 07:25:08 AM »

When I first got into football Leeds were the best side in England, ergo the World.

The Don Revie era didn't last too long, thankfully: Football seasons last forever when you're a kid.

It's ironic that three of that great Leeds team died this year, not seeing them get back up:

Trevor Cherry, Norman Hunter and Jack Charlton.

I'm glad to see Leeds get back up, because they are a big club, from a big city, with a big fanbase. Even if they are rivals to the United I support across the Pennines. They have a mountain to climb before they're thought of in the same terms as Man United.

Big Jack Charlton, what can you say, really. He wasn't my cup of tea. A bit too full of himself and over-excitable. The kind of bloke who'd pour a glass of beer over your head and laugh, but who'd smack you on the chops if you did it to him. The polar opposite of his dour brother Bobby, who could possibly have made a good undertaker if things hadn't panned out at the football.

They'll struggle next year. They haven't got the goods to make a fist of it against the big boys. I won't be surprised if Bielsa quits in the summer before a ball is kicked. Let's see if they've got a board to back a world-class coach, which Bielsa undoubtedly is, apparently.

Nt: Congrats on the double, Kipper.  ;)

Thanks sticky, the pints were on the bookie!!  ;) btw I agree with you on Leeds next year, I think they will be out of their depth, I wonder what price they would be to be relegated?

moorsy

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 09:08:47 PM »

Nobody mensioned Billy Bremner, captain of the team, and him having a town Square named after him.  I agree, they are going to need a few players for next season,but I would be surprised if they were real big names.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

stickleback

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 11:23:40 AM »

It was ironic that Arsenal won the FA Cup yesterday.

The first FA Cup final I ever watched was Leeds v Arsenal in '72.

Sniffer Clarke saluting the skies with that smug-looking single hand salute, which I hated. 1-0 Leeds.

It all looks so innocent now.

Fast forward 48 yrs and we have a new winning scorer who can spin on his head but who hasn't quite mastered the art of lifting a trophy from a stand, despite thinking he's worth 250k per week. Then he drops it on the floor. Says it all, really. Different times.

stickleback

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2020, 11:58:02 AM »

Nobody mensioned Billy Bremner, captain of the team, and him having a town Square named after him.  I agree, they are going to need a few players for next season,but I would be surprised if they were real big names.

It's funny remembering all those hard-nosed little Scottish blokes of that era, like Bremner and Archie Gemmil.

Angry little men.

It's doubtful they'd pass a trial for a Championship club now, let alone The Premier League.

When I think about Bremner I don't think of any footballing skills. I remember him for the hilarious tear-up with similarly diminutive Kevin Keegan in the '74 Charity Shield. Leeds v Liverpool. The difference was that Keegan actually knew how to kick a football, instead of an opponent. Shortly before the double sending-off ( for Bremner and Keegan) good ole Johnny Giles is seen openly thumping Keegan in the face off the ball. Yellow card. That was how things were back in the day. I watched Keegan many times at matches, possibly 70 or eighty times, after he returned from his stint at Hamburg as European Footballer Of The Year. He moved to Southampton where I lived at the time. Happy memories of the old ground, The Dell. He was the greatest footballer I ever saw live, an absolutely explosive dynamo who read the pitch inside out and was never unnerved in front of goal.  The funny thing is, after the Bremner scrap, he really developed into a very muscular player. Even though he only stood around 5'7 he was literally bursting with muscle and could easily brush six foot defenders aside.

stickleback

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 10:23:30 PM »

Fulham join them.

2-1 v Brentford in the 160m all or nothing game.

Gutted for Brentford, myself.