Author Topic: Agnew and Walsh families Hamill St and Bow St  (Read 100 times)

brian

Agnew and Walsh families Hamill St and Bow St
« on: July 26, 2020, 03:52:25 PM »
Its been many years since I last posted a request , so here's hoping I can brick down a brick wall.2nd gg[/font]
My 2nd ggfather is Arthur Agnew, born abt 1836, who married Ann Murdock/Murdoch on 3rd July 1857 in St Patricks chapel.[/font]
Their daughter Esther Agnew, born 1860, married my ancestor Hugh Magee 01/07/1890 : Hugh lived at 54 Wall St and Esther lived at 22 Bow St. The marriage took place in St Peters Chapel, Belfast.[/font]
Hugh's father John (lab.) was deceased as was Estherís father, Arthur (painter), who died 1872 aged 36 yrs, address 7 Hamill Street.  The marriage was witnessed by John Walsh and Eliza Walsh, from 22 Bow St.[/size]
John Walsh is noted as sponsor/ godparent on Esther baptism, in 1860 and was witness to the marriage of Catherine Agnew and Robert McCarrison (I believe this is actually Carson) in 1886.[/size]
While some of Arthurs children were born in Kent St, Celina was born in Hamill St in 1872 (a previous child Celina was 1870-1871 Kent St).[/size]
Ann Agnew (Murdoch) died 31/ May 1891 at 22 Bow Street.[/size]
It is obvious that John Walsh was either a very close friend or was a related in some way, and I am hoping someone can maybe shed some light on this.[/size]
Additionally, if any recognises any of these details in their own family, please give me a shout.
Thanks
Brian