Author Topic: McNamee/Collins family  (Read 340 times)

monkieskanfly

McNamee/Collins family
« on: July 31, 2020, 12:28:36 PM »
Hi everyone, I hope someone is able to help me out.

I'm looking some clarification on the children of Michael McNamee and Mary Collins.

I have found (what I think are their children): 
1. John Patrick McNamee born 25/11/1883 (whitehead) on Irish Genealogy
2. Sarah Jane McNamee born 15/07/1885 (Ardilea St)
3. Josephine McNamee born 19/05/1890 (Bosnia St) on Irish Genealogy & Roots Ireland, possibly passed away aged 5 on 23/01/1896 at 67 Sultan St. according to Irish G.
4. Joseph H McNamee born 24/05/1890 (Bosnia St) on Roots Ireland

On Roots Ireland it states that Josephine McNamee was born on 19/05/1890 and registered on 12/06/1890. This corresponded with the Irish Genealogy website.
On Roots Ireland it states that Joseph H McNamee was born on 24/05/1890 and baptised on 30/05/1890. I didn't find him on Irish Geneaglogy.

I'm hoping that someone with a bit more expertise than me will be able to see if these are Michael and Mary's children. And If so, can you find anything on the Joseph H McNamee?

Many thanks.
Each to their own. Not my circus, not my monkies.

Tipperdarby

Re: McNamee/Collins family
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:51:58 PM »
Hi everyone, I hope someone is able to help me out.

I'm looking some clarification on the children of Michael McNamee and Mary Collins.

I have found (what I think are their children): 
1. John Patrick McNamee born 25/11/1883 (whitehead) on Irish Genealogy
2. Sarah Jane McNamee born 15/07/1885 (Ardilea St)
3. Josephine McNamee born 19/05/1890 (Bosnia St) on Irish Genealogy & Roots Ireland, possibly passed away aged 5 on 23/01/1896 at 67 Sultan St. according to Irish G.
4. Joseph H McNamee born 24/05/1890 (Bosnia St) on Roots Ireland

On Roots Ireland it states that Josephine McNamee was born on 19/05/1890 and registered on 12/06/1890. This corresponded with the Irish Genealogy website.
On Roots Ireland it states that Joseph H McNamee was born on 24/05/1890 and baptised on 30/05/1890. I didn't find him on Irish Geneaglogy.

I'm hoping that someone with a bit more expertise than me will be able to see if these are Michael and Mary's children. And If so, can you find anything on the Joseph H McNamee?

Many thanks.

Hello,
Yes John Patrick, Sarah Jane and Josephine were the children of Michael McNamee and Mary Collins and little Josephine died as you say in Jan 1896.

I believe there was no Joseph. .I think there is an error here. On the GRONI website there is only a Josephine McNamee born in May of 1890. I think the error was in the Church records, I have come across something similar in my records.
I was interested in your post as I had a Great Aunt Sarah Jane McNamee born in 1885 also but she was born in Sion Mills Co Tyrone. I know my Gr Grandparents lived in Ardilea St for a short time too. However, I donít believe our families are related. I have extensive records on my McNamee family but I havenít come across a Michael.
I hope this helps.
Eileen

monkieskanfly

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 12:21:00 PM »
Thank you so much for the reply Eileen, it's greatly appreciated 😃

That entry for Joseph really threw me, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Now I've to try and find a marriage entry for Michael and Mary.
Each to their own. Not my circus, not my monkies.

Tipperdarby

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 10:21:48 PM »
Thank you so much for the reply Eileen, it's greatly appreciated 😃

That entry for Joseph really threw me, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Now I've to try and find a marriage entry for Michael and Mary.

I think I have found the marriage for Michael and Mary, plus a couple of older children.....also Sarah Janeís marriage to Joseph Willis in 1905.
I will send you a PM
Eileen