Author Topic: Susan Willis & Francis Collins  (Read 464 times)

monkieskanfly

Susan Willis & Francis Collins
« on: August 16, 2020, 10:33:20 PM »
Hello everyone.

Just wondering if anyone on here is related to Susan Willis and Francis Collins of Institution Place/Lettuce Hill?

Their children:
Francis Patrick Collins B1895 M Elizabeth Ross in 1922
James Collins B1897
William John Collins B1899
Sarah Collins B 1900 D 1916
Abraham Collins 1903

Many thanks.
Each to their own. Not my circus, not my monkies.

monkieskanfly

Re: Susan Willis & Francis Collins
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 07:14:23 PM »

Just dropping by to see if anyone knows anything on Susan Willis & Francis Collins and their offspring.

Hello everyone.

Just wondering if anyone on here is related to Susan Willis and Francis Collins of Institution Place/Lettuce Hill?

Their children:
Francis Patrick Collins B1895 M Elizabeth Ross in 1922
James Collins B1897
William John Collins B1899
Sarah Collins B 1900 D 1916
Abraham Collins 1903

Many thanks.

JimG

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:29:54 AM »

Hi monkieskanfly
using quickly https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie and census 1901 and 1911
and street directories etc. I make mistakes in speedy transcriptions so you will need to look up each use of https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie and confirm them

1. Francis Collins b~1844 Belfast ? d 1912 aged 68 at 38 Carlow st.   his son Francis present at death
address lettuce hill see https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1912/05353/4491604.pdf
named in marriage no 2
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1893/10595/5859933.pdf
children
1.1, Francis G Collins   55   Male   Head of Family   Roman Catholic   Belfast   Builder Labourer   Read and write   m 1887 and 5th April 1893. 
residences
in 1890 but in PRONI street directory
F Collins plumber and gas fitter 2 Gentilt St
Francis Collins a tanner 17 Nail St
1894 BOYD STREET
Peter's Hill to Mitchell Street
17. Collins, Francis, labourer or is this father
1901 13.1 in Institution Place (Smithfield ward, Belfast Co Antrim)
1911 60 in Lettuce Hill (Smithfield, Antrim)

m1 speculation no proof as yet 21 October 1887, St Peters RC Chapel Elizabeth Heany  28 millworker of 83 Cyprus St dau  of James Heaney alive a labourer , Francis of Millfield  is son of a Francis a labourer on 21 October 1887 St peters see https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1887/10816/5944886.pdf
found because Francis was a widower when m Susan
children  [not searched for] her death might yield something

m2  Susan Willis 50   Female Wife   Roman Catholic Belfast-Cannot read Married 20 [found  m 5th April 1893 St Marys RC Chapel Belfast Institution Place] 7 born 4 living in 1911
children from census compare to you list
1.1.1. Collins Francis T 16 Male Son Roman Catholic Belfast Message Boy Read and write 1.1.2. Collins James 14 Male Son Roman Catholic Belfast Scholar Read and write - Single
1.1.3. Collins Sarah 10 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Belfast Scholar Read and write
1.1.4. Collins Abraham 8 Male Son Roman Catholic Belfast Scholar Read and write

seelking out Willis family
Adam Willis b~ 1836 living in 1893 d 15th March 1893 a widower , a labourer last address 3 Millfield Place his son William Willis present at same address a wiilam willis a shipright aged living with susan aged42
named in marriage no 2 of Francis Collins
children
Susan Willis
run out of time
now it comes back to me I have searched before on Abraham etc  for you so hoping someuseful turned up
good luck onwards

monkieskanfly

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 08:04:46 PM »
Hi JimG

Thank you so much for that info.

Yes, that is the correct Francis Collins m Elizabeth Heany. They did have a child who passed away not long before Elizabeth passed away.

He then married Susan - older sister of the Abraham you very kindly helped with previously.  I found out that Adams wife (parents of Susan, William & Abraham) passed away at an early age, when Abraham was just a little over 2.  I'm still waiting on word back from Christ Church in Derriaghy about Adam and his brother Solomon and quite possibly their Father, also Abraham.

I'm very interested in the info you got there about William. I knew he was present at the death of his Father Adam in Millfield Place. But after that I wasn't sure on anything else about him. Am I reading your reply right? Did you say that William was a shipwright and was living with Susan and Francis? Is that William's child that was called Susan?
"[size=0px]Adam Willis b~ 1836 living in 1893 d 15th March 1893 a widower , a labourer last address 3 Millfield Place his son William Willis present at same address a wiilam willis a shipright aged living with susan aged42[/size][size=0px]named in marriage no 2 of Francis Collins[/size][size=0px][size=0px]children[/size][size=0px][size=0px]Susan Willis"[/size]
[size=0px]
[/size]
[size=0px]Ultimately my whole reasoning for asking about Susan and Francis Collins is the hopes that they have living relatives who might, by some chance, have photos of Abraham, William and Susan.[/size]

JimG

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 07:53:47 AM »
i should have written i had found an Adam in https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie[/font]  you must make your own deductions, hoping you have success with Christ Church Derriaghy enquiries and your pictures
good luck

monkieskanfly

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 01:12:39 PM »
Thank you so much JimG.

Yes that's the info I found on Adam too.

I don't suppose you know the year or address when William was living with Susan?  Where should I look to find that info?

I'm very interested in finding out more about him.

Here's hoping Christ Church have info on the others.