Author Topic: Gordons  (Read 315 times)

Eleanor_Rose

Gordons
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
I'm researching my Gordon family and have hit a brick wall with one in particular. His name was David Gordon born 1911 in Tennant Street, Belfast.  His parents were James Alexander Gordon and Mary Agnes Mahaffey. I am trying to locate a death record for David or a marriage record. Nothing is coming up when I search the usual data bases. Any ideas? It doesn't help that I don't know his last address but I do know it was in Belfast somewhere.   

Bread Basket

Re: Gordons
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:23:11 AM »
I'm researching my Gordon family and have hit a brick wall with one in particular. His name was David Gordon born 1911 in Tennant Street, Belfast.  His parents were James Alexander Gordon and Mary Agnes Mahaffey. I am trying to locate a death record for David or a marriage record. Nothing is coming up when I search the usual data bases. Any ideas? It doesn't help that I don't know his last address but I do know it was in Belfast somewhere.

Good morning Eleanor,
Please see the deaths and burial location of James & Agnes

Bread Basket

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 11:29:01 AM »

Bread Basket

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »

Hope this helps

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »

Have you a name for Davidís wife (if married.... also maiden name if possible)

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »
Some further family info which you may wish to have

Eleanor_Rose

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 02:37:31 PM »
Thanks so much, Bread basket. That's a lot of really great information you've manage to find for me and much more than I'd hoped for. Looks like David's wife was Clara. Really appreciate your help.   

Bread Basket

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks so much, Bread basket. That's a lot of really great information you've manage to find for me and much more than I'd hoped for. Looks like David's wife was Clara. Really appreciate your help.   

Eleanor,
I thought the same but if you [email protected] a closer look you may find that the David & Clara wa James brother in other words The Uncle David of the David that you are seeking... let me know if you get the same result.

Any idea of Davidís occupation?

Eleanor_Rose

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 02:54:31 PM »
Oh, I see what you mean!. James Alexander Gordon who was the husband of Mary Agnes Mahaffey, was the son of James Gordon and Agnes Mcquitty of Azamoor street.  His siblings were Sarah Jane who married Robert Bell and Maria who married a Milliken. There was another brother William who I haven't found a wife for yet but no David. Come to think of it though, there was a David mentioned on James Gordon's death record in the Shankill graveyard document, so it look like I missed that one. James Gordon had a brother called David too born 1871 but I think he married a Mary ann Neeson. My great grandfather John Gordon was also Jame's brother. I think David born 1911 had a son called James Alexander Gordon born about 1940 but I'm not sure. That's what I'm trying to prove.

helena61

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 04:30:59 PM »
Hi, By a strange coincidence I fulfilled a request for a photo of James Alexander and Mary Agnes Gordon grave on Monday at Dundonald cemetery. The grave is unmarked and you can view the pic at https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/184560081/james-alexander-gordon

Eleanor_Rose

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
Brilliant! Thanks a lot.

helena61

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 05:03:31 PM »
Should of said CarrieB requested this photo and could be related, you can contact her by clicking on her name in the flowers she left on the memorial[/size]

Eleanor_Rose

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 05:33:53 PM »
Lovely! Thanks