Author Topic: Displaying a Family Tree  (Read 241 times)

monkieskanfly

Displaying a Family Tree
« on: September 04, 2020, 08:53:53 PM »
Hi everyone

I just wanted to ask about how you all display your Family Tree? What's the best way? Do you use an online site like genes reunited, or do you just use a big bit of paper? Is there any software you'd recommend?

I want to be able to put all our family on to the tree and give copies out to them - relatives here in Belfast and over in England and Wales.

Any ideas?
Each to their own. Not my circus, not my monkies.

wb54

Re: Displaying a Family Tree
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 10:26:38 AM »
hi monkieskanfly,
                            I have my on genesreunited, not a paid up member. just found it easier and quicker
                            to search.   sometimes I transfer it over to a small cheap memory stick
                            think what is better for you, itís a lot of work on paper. how big is the tree.
                            hard using paper then finding extra family like twins. 
                            best of luck.
                                                  Billy.

palmal

Re: Displaying a Family Tree
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 10:22:13 AM »
I use TreeDraw version 4.4.2 .You can get it from https://treedraw.spansoft.org .Cost £19.99.I have been using it for about 20 years now . You can use either A4 or A3 size to print out your Trees
I have my Family trees on Ancestry.com .Wikitree.com and Geni.com.
 When I kick the bucket the information will live on for future generations to research.