Author Topic: John Hanna, Coolfin Street  (Read 213 times)

L Kane

John Hanna, Coolfin Street
« on: September 07, 2020, 02:18:37 PM »
Hello all,

I have been searching for information on John Hanna and his mother Gertie, that lived in 9 Coolfin Sreet, off the Donegall Road. I know that he has passed away but I noticed that users 'Livey' and 'cookstown' may have information or maybe even a picture of him in his schooldays? I am new to this forum and don't know how to personal message or even how to use this site effectively so if someone out there could bring this message to the attention of Donegall Road members, long time Coolfin Street residents and especially 'cookstown' and 'Livey', I would be most grateful.

Thanking you in advance,

Bread Basket

Re: John Hanna, Coolfin Street
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 05:49:37 PM »
Message sent to both above on your behalf.

Welcome to the Forum 👍🏼

Bread Basket

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 06:08:51 PM »

Livey

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 06:20:38 PM »
Hi J Kane I replied to you but I am sending it again as it has been a while since using the Forum.

Yes there is a photo that J Hanna is in, it can be found on page 16 of the thread ( Donegall Road ) John is the fifth person from the left top row. The photo is an old school photo which we cannot remember the name, but to get to it you went down a street facing Coolfin Street and over a wee bridge.

It is my wife that went to the school and she is the first person third row left, Jean Hill.

Hope this helps you, welcome to the Forum enjoy going through the pages, let us know if there is anything else.
Livey
Livey

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 06:27:31 PM »
Great  Livey, here it is again for all to see.

L Kane

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 06:58:43 PM »
Thank you so much. I am halfway through reading the 126 pages of the 'Donegall Road' chat. Enjoying every minute reading it but astounded that John Hanna is mentioned. Thank your wife for me as I can now put a face to what has only been a name to me. John Hanna is a close family member that I did not know existed until very recently. So nice to see his face. Do you think it is worth posting on the Donegall Road page for information about him? The page has been quiet for quite some time.

Thanking you again,

L Kane

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 07:17:44 PM »
Bread Basket,

Thank you so much. For the picture and especially for the death notice. I was told that John wasn't married so that is new information for me.

Very grateful,