Author Topic: Aussie Hunter Saves Dog From Kangaroo  (Read 289 times)

JohnKelly

Aussie Hunter Saves Dog From Kangaroo
« on: September 19, 2020, 07:36:38 AM »
Had it not for the intervention of the bloke the dog would have been gutted,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

Dommmo

Re: Aussie Hunter Saves Dog From Kangaroo
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 05:48:08 AM »
Weird, cii oh a Iíve year of people saving Roos from dingoes or dawgs
From Belfast, Ireland

JohnKelly

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 06:08:09 AM »
Weird, cii oh a Iíve year of people saving Roos from dingoes or dawgs

:hi: - Welcome to the forum Dommmo, I note from your profile you are from California; you are joining a list of Irish, English, Scottish, Welsh, Canadians, Americans, Australians and New Zealanders to name a few; all with a connection to Belfast, Northern Ireland.

Yes in regards to the Kangaroo especially the buck, they can be quite dangerous and with dogs they can be very cunning.

As an example, if there is deep water around such as a rural dam, the buck roo will coax the dog to follow it into the dam and then push the dog under the water and drown it.

Dommmo

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 06:17:38 AM »
Yes we have a family legend about an aunt  who moved to the middle of Oz, and was advised by local to get roo bars, but had no idea what they were talking about, until she hit a big red....
I actually saw roos up close at our world famous zoo, where you can walk into their enclosure, the  wee ones, not the big boxers.
From Belfast, Ireland

Dommmo

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 06:18:33 AM »
Iím sure he Roos has to develop defenses against dingoes which work against hounds too
From Belfast, Ireland

JohnKelly

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 07:07:31 AM »
Yes we have a family legend about an aunt  who moved to the middle of Oz, and was advised by local to get roo bars, but had no idea what they were talking about, until she hit a big red....
I actually saw roos up close at our world famous zoo, where you can walk into their enclosure, the  wee ones, not the big boxers.

Yes, Roo Bars are essential especially if you are travelling rural roads at night or going bush.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=roo+bars&iax=images&ia=images

Dommmo

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 07:10:41 AM »
Legend is she guessed they were referring to ď rhubarb...😝. We donít have much of that big game here, I live near the coast, but plenty of coyotes at night. And once in a while a puma takes a pet 😎
From Belfast, Ireland

Dommmo

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 07:12:32 AM »
Where are you in Australia, I mean which City or state?
From Belfast, Ireland

JohnKelly

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 07:58:33 AM »
Where are you in Australia, I mean which City or state?

Over the years I have lived/visited all over Australia and a couple of years in SE Asia and finally settled in Victoria,

https://viccountrymarket.com.au/?utm_source=visit-victoria&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=click-for-vic

I have a sister in Houston and a sister in Toronto; a bit late in the day now but I would have liked to Visit the USA and Canada, mainly the rural part as I am not interested in the big cities.

How about you, have you been around the traps much?