Author Topic: Bradley Family Gibson Street  (Read 383 times)

GerryD

Bradley Family Gibson Street
« on: September 25, 2020, 08:01:34 PM »
Hi everyone

I'm trying to trace a family who once lived at 53 Gibson Street as I believe I am distantly related. They were called Bradley and I believe that the father was called Patrick Bradley and his wife was called Sarah Bradley. They would have lived there in the 1920s. So far I have identified four children, Margaret Ellen, Mary, Patrick and John but there may have been more children. I'd be grateful for help in identifying any other family members. Thanks.

Bread Basket

Re: Bradley Family Gibson Street
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 06:16:57 PM »
Gerry,
How spooky is this. The very second that I read your post I instantly knew exactly who you were speaking of... my Granda was home from WW1 on sick leave with shrapnel in his foot. As you see from the certificate he and my Granny married 31st May 1916 & Patrick & Sarah were their witnesses.  they were obviously very good friends.

GerryD

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 11:55:23 AM »
Hi Bread Basket

Thanks for this. I've just sent you a PM.

valkerr

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 11:53:57 PM »
Margaret Ellen Bradley was born in Ballymena 31 Dec 1912 to Patrick Bradley and Sarah Jane Clarke who were married 26 Dec 1912 in Ballymena, he was 19 father John, she was 18 father William.

Birth
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1913/01465/1597576.pdf

Marriage
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1912/09926/5608587.pdf

valkerr

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 12:13:04 AM »
The son Patrick Bradley was born in 53 Gibson St in 1918.
Bread Basket, it's possible your grandparents stayed with the Bradley's the night before they were married. The address is not necessarily where they lived, but where they were staying the night before.

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 09:04:48 AM »
The son Patrick Bradley was born in 53 Gibson St in 1918.
Bread Basket, it's possible your grandparents stayed with the Bradley's the night before they were married. The address is not necessarily where they lived, but where they were staying the night before.

You are spot on Valerie, there is a family connection between my Grandmother Cassie McLarnon & Sarah. They all lived within yards of each other when they were in Ballymena and they probably stayed with the Bradleys while he was home on sick leave. I know for sure that my Granda Pat McAllister never had a home(rented) of his own until well into the early 20ís.
Soon after his marriage in May 1916 he was back off to France & WW1 where he was until the end of the war. On return from the war he was then permanately travelling the cities & towns of Great Britain, Ireland & Parts of Europe as he was a professional boxer.

GerryD

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 08:01:10 PM »
Thanks Valkerr. Much appreciated.