Author Topic: Looking for Albert Kennedy his motherís name Sadie  (Read 560 times)

Jean Bash

Looking for Albert Kennedy his motherís name Sadie
« on: October 04, 2020, 12:24:41 PM »
My name is Jean and Iím trying to find my Moms relatives her name was Mary Brankin she lived in Bandon Street with her mom Nellie and brothers Tommy and Sammy and sister who sadly died.  My grandmothers Sister was Agnes Kennedy who lived in Bann Street. 

As a family we had some of the best school holidays in Belfast and we got to know all the local kids.

Albert came to England when he was a kid to spend a holiday and going to my sisters wedding.

I would like to know that theyíre all good.

Walter Kennedy

Re: Looking for Albert Kennedy his motherís name Sadie
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:11:38 AM »
Hi Jean
Agnes Kennedy was my Grandmother,
My dads name was Samuel Kennedy he died in1975 he was only 51 (heart attack) . He had a brother called John he died around 1961 ,also had 2 sisters Carol and Gladys twins . I vaguely remember the Brankins but it was such a long time ago .I'm Walter  Kennedy, my sister Alice would've helped you more sadly she died of cancer a few years back .

Jean Bash

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 01:27:01 PM »
Walter

Thank you so much for replying
[size=78%]We remember your dad we called him Sambo as our other uncle sammy also lived with us.  Your dad worked nights at Midland counties a company that use to bottle milk and ice cream in Birmingham. He use to bring us ice cream every morning he came of his shift We had to get up and eat melted ice cream before we had our breakfast.  To this day my sister Florence sadly my brother Derek passed away laugh about an Ice cream breakfast. The twins were called  Gladys and Eileen I Remember  Eileen having a kidney transplant from Gladys but sadly she died from complications. I think her daughter was called carol McGauley. At different times we had all your uncles stay with us.  Albert would be your cousin he had a sister canít remember her name and another brother Laurence who was called after my dad. His mom was Sadie and I think John was her husband. Georgie was another character. I always remember how small the two sister your gran and my gran were  both having[/size][size=78%] tattoos which was the norm in them days. I vaguely remember our great granddad Tam. [/size][size=78%]When my Uncle Tom passed away I believe Gladys moved in to the house in Bandon Street. [/size]
I have to say the Irish part of our family gave us great excitement and memories to this day which are as Vivvid and love to talk about. If you are in touch with Albert we would love to hear from him. Please keep in touch so nice to make contact with our Irish clan. Stay safe from your distant cousins Jean and Florence

Walter Kennedy

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 02:04:36 PM »
Hi Jean
Thanks for getting back ,you don't say where you're living now.I live in Manchester  and own a house in my favorite place Blackpool  ,Cant say that I recall Albert ,but I met one of the twins daughters a few years back ,when I went to Belfast for my sisters funeral ,Carol Mccauley .
By the way I was born in Belfast on 15th December 1952 so I'm getting on a bit .joined the merchant navy ,came out of that went into the prison service in 1982 served in Crumlin Road jail until 1987 when I moved to England .
Hope everyone is keeping in good health  .I will try to keep in touch  :)

Jean Bash

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 02:38:00 PM »
OMG Iím completely confused but I was born in 1947 so can give you a few years.

Itís sad we donít ask questions when our parents are alive to fill in the family tree. My mom married a British soldier.
I live just outside Birmingham in a place close to Kenilworth. My sister towards Cannock.
Itís so strange about Albert that you donít know him. But just as nice to have caught up with you. We have part of the same DNA.   

We can remember walking pass the jail and looking up at the guards with guns. Itís a different world now.
Always there in July for the marching bands and parties in Bann street which we loved. The shamrock was sent every year to Birmingham and we wore it to school with PRIDE.

These are little memories that make us who we are always proud to say Iím half Irish.

If you can remember any other names or memories we would love to hear them.

Please please keep in and and truly mean that. So nice to have found an Irish relative   

Jean and Florence

[size=78%]
[/size]

Caroline Barnes

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 11:36:06 PM »
Hi Jean I'm Carol mcauleys daughter my great granny was aggie Kennedy ( with the tattoos)
Out of 10 of aggie Kennedya children there is only 1 living and that is Geordie Kennedy 85yrs old

Jean Bash

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 09:12:48 AM »
Carol how nice to make another connection. Amazing that Aggie had 10 children we can only recall 7 of them. Geordie was the youngest of the boys and we seem to remember another daughter Agnes. We also remember the Stewartís which was my gran (Nellie) and aggies maiden name. Do you remember Albert heís was such a lovely lad also Violet Robert Eileen and Laurence named after my dad. Our 6 weeks school holiday was spent every year in Belfast so these memories stay fresh. Thank you Jean