Author Topic: Our wee country  (Read 2859 times)

Den123

Re: Our wee country
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 07:23:40 PM »
Absolutely, above and beyond. Its who we are.  !!   :)

Yes indeed. A great wee country is our Wee Country.  :)

Kim-jung-ill

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 08:59:27 PM »
With great wee people with great wee humour , in fact we could not be any weeer. Weeeeeeee!! 😊
DEFUND THE BBC !!!

pete57

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 09:29:39 PM »
With great wee people with great wee humour , in fact we could not be any weeer. Weeeeeeee!! 😊
:D I think i weee'd meself. 

stickleback

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 01:10:11 AM »

I used to be able to reach out and touch the players as the left the pitch up the spion kop end of Windsor Park, so I cud. I was only wee. Loads of them gave me their autographs, so they did. God love them. Aye. Thon Bobby Charlton was a bit miserable, but the friendliest of the lot was Pat Jennings, our wee goalie. Aye. I used to give my wee autograph book to someone outside the coach and wait excitedly to see who signed it. It was always only Pat Jennings, five times. I'm thinking of selling my wee autograph book as the one with the most signings by one player.

I was sorting out stuff the other day and came upon an old N.Ireland V Yugoslavia programme from 1975.I was 12 and went alone. I vaguely remember we won 1-0 and no way was I going to chuck that little piece of memorabilia out, but even better I noticed it was autographed. You guessed it. I wonder how much that is worth now. Not as much as it means to me, I suppose. Then again, everything has it's price, so they say.

Number26

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2020, 12:00:13 PM »
Bad luck to our wee country last night in their play off final game,again showed great heart but just came up short in their quest for the euros next summer,as always they showed dignity in defeat as they do in victory,now time to give the fringe players a chance to break thru and ease the older players out...a special word for big Kyle who nearly got the winner in the last minute,a real emotional night and week for the big man the green and white army salute you.

henrycluney

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 08:40:28 PM »
Bad luck to our wee country last night in their play off final game,again showed great heart but just came up short in their quest for the euros next summer,as always they showed dignity in defeat as they do in victory,now time to give the fringe players a chance to break thru and ease the older players out...a special word for big Kyle who nearly got the winner in the last minute,a real emotional night and week for the big man the green and white army salute you.
Great effort tho the pitch wasnt great
Mon Norn Iron!!

traveller

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 02:10:25 AM »
No 26 Before I left the old country I would go regularly to Windsor Park to see NI get regularly beaten and once in a blue moon a win. In nearly 50 years away nothing much has changed, I feel sorry for those poor supporters who give up their hard earned money to see NI, most times leaving the ground with a loss. Take Rugby and boxing how professional it is and how proud an exile feels when they are on the world stage.

Bigali

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2020, 06:48:47 AM »
No 26 Before I left the old country I would go regularly to Windsor Park to see NI get regularly beaten and once in a blue moon a win. In nearly 50 years away nothing much has changed, I feel sorry for those poor supporters who give up their hard earned money to see NI, most times leaving the ground with a loss. Take Rugby and boxing how professional it is and how proud an exile feels when they are on the world stage.

Did you see Ireland v Wales in the inaugural Autumn Nations Cup game at the Aviva Stadium on Friday night ? What a game for Ireland !  , both Ireland and Wales obviously trying out new players with Ireland having more success with the newbies than Wales . Apart from a brief ten minutes at the start of the second half Wales were dismal and basically spent eighty minutes watching Ireland showing them how to play International Rugby .
 :clapping: :party:

Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

traveller

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 05:18:40 AM »
Thank you BIGALI, Ireland played very well. Did you watch Argentina defeat the All Blacks, it was no [censored] they won well!  

Bigali

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2020, 05:51:05 AM »
Thank you BIGALI, Ireland played very well. Did you watch Argentina defeat the All Blacks, it was no [censored] they won well!

Unfortunately I didnít just saw a few clips here and there on a few websites but a good win for the Pumas . Argentina are one of those teams that Northern Hemisphere teams treat lightly at their peril as has been proved in the past and it will be a big blow to the ego of the All Blacks as well . Roll on 2023 (just donít mention the Falklands ! )  :D
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

JohnKelly

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2020, 07:50:07 AM »

Oh dear, someone's going to pay, could be a change of government in New Zealand. :)

traveller

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 01:08:14 AM »
John Kelly, like your humour! :) :)