Author Topic: Our wee country  (Read 2648 times)

Den123

Re: Our wee country
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 07:23:40 PM »
Absolutely, above and beyond. Its who we are.  !!   :)

Yes indeed. A great wee country is our Wee Country.  :)

Kim-jung-ill

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 08:59:27 PM »
With great wee people with great wee humour , in fact we could not be any weeer. Weeeeeeee!! 😊
DEFUND THE BBC !!!

pete57

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 09:29:39 PM »
With great wee people with great wee humour , in fact we could not be any weeer. Weeeeeeee!! 😊
:D I think i weee'd meself. 

stickleback

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 01:10:11 AM »

I used to be able to reach out and touch the players as the left the pitch up the spion kop end of Windsor Park, so I cud. I was only wee. Loads of them gave me their autographs, so they did. God love them. Aye. Thon Bobby Charlton was a bit miserable, but the friendliest of the lot was Pat Jennings, our wee goalie. Aye. I used to give my wee autograph book to someone outside the coach and wait excitedly to see who signed it. It was always only Pat Jennings, five times. I'm thinking of selling my wee autograph book as the one with the most signings by one player.

I was sorting out stuff the other day and came upon an old N.Ireland V Yugoslavia programme from 1975.I was 12 and went alone. I vaguely remember we won 1-0 and no way was I going to chuck that little piece of memorabilia out, but even better I noticed it was autographed. You guessed it. I wonder how much that is worth now. Not as much as it means to me, I suppose. Then again, everything has it's price, so they say.

Kim-jung-ill

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 05:20:58 PM »
I enjoyed reading that wee story, made myself a wee pot of tea with a wee scone with wee drop of strawberry jam. Drank that many wee cups of tea I had to go to the loo for a wee slash.
P.S. When I was a wee schoolboy I once scored a wee penalty goal past big Pat.😄
DEFUND THE BBC !!!

stickleback

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 09:05:07 PM »
I enjoyed reading that wee story, made myself a wee pot of tea with a wee scone with wee drop of strawberry jam. Drank that many wee cups of tea I had to go to the loo for a wee slash.

I recall a wee Scottish football coach visited our wee school once. He seemed to get a bit overexcited about anyone who could dribble. His name was Gibby MacKenzie and it turned out he managed the mighty Portadown. He sat there for what is now known as a Q & A, after our pointless football session, and all the kids started asking him questions about who was the best player and who would win the world cup etc.  What part of Scotland are you from? I said. Suddenly, wee Gibby in his red tracksuit seemed a bit thrown, outside his comfort zone. He looked at me twice. ' Ach, a wee place you've niver heard af san' he said.

Which town? I said.

The legendary Gibby, as the PE Master had it, looked a bit perturbed.

'A wee town called Saltcoats', he said.

For some reason, Gibby decided that was enough questioning for one day and we all got up and returned to class.

pete57

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 11:18:17 PM »

Your a wee laugh kji, a wee breath of fresh air in this wee forum . ps : was that Big Pat with the wee hands ?   ;) :)

JackM

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2020, 12:53:48 PM »
Your a wee laugh kji, a wee breath of fresh air in this wee forum . ps : was that Big Pat with the wee hands ?   ;) :)

No. It was wee Pat with the big hands. lol  :D
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

pete57

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2020, 01:05:40 AM »
No. It was wee Pat with the big hands. lol  :D

;) :D

tours

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2020, 07:58:27 AM »
Dear God...😶

pete57

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2020, 11:55:00 PM »

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2020, 01:18:19 AM »

God Bless , yer wee cotton socks ,,, after ye wee on them   :P
The Bible would be more believable had Hemingway written it.  He was a master at making fiction seem real.

Kim-jung-ill

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2020, 01:43:09 AM »
God Bless , yer wee cotton socks ,,, after ye wee on them   :P
I wee on your links.🚽

DEFUND THE BBC !!!

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2020, 01:58:45 AM »
I wee on your links.🚽

I bet that you are a wee dribbler  :spiteful:     :D
The Bible would be more believable had Hemingway written it.  He was a master at making fiction seem real.

Bigali

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2020, 07:37:33 AM »
I recall a wee Scottish football coach visited our wee school once. He seemed to get a bit overexcited about anyone who could dribble. His name was Gibby MacKenzie and it turned out he managed the mighty Portadown. He sat there for what is now known as a Q & A, after our pointless football session, and all the kids started asking him questions about who was the best player and who would win the world cup etc.  What part of Scotland are you from? I said. Suddenly, wee Gibby in his red tracksuit seemed a bit thrown, outside his comfort zone. He looked at me twice. ' Ach, a wee place you've niver heard af san' he said.

Which town? I said.

The legendary Gibby, as the PE Master had it, looked a bit perturbed.

'A wee town called Saltcoats', he said.

For some reason, Gibby decided that was enough questioning for one day and we all got up and returned to class.

My primary school footballing claim to fame was John Platt who played for Cliftonville was one of the teachers and his brother Jim was the keeper for Middlesborough at that time and he came along one day to “coach” the youngsters . It didn’t make that much of an impact on me to be honest because I was useless at football, couldn’t have hit a barn dure at five yards with a ball and had no interest in it , still , it was an afternoon out of the classroom and that’s all that mattered . I do remember that Jim Platt had a bit of an impact with a couple of the younger female teachers though and in those days before I had ever heard of a hormone or knew what they were I wondered what this strange attraction the boul Jim seemed to exert over these young ladies and wondered how one went about acquiring this attraction !
 :D
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .