Author Topic: Our wee country  (Read 2700 times)

Kim-jung-ill

Re: Our wee country
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2020, 12:48:16 PM »
Talking about sports stars school visits, I recall my own wee schools preparations for a coaching visit from Mary Peters who was at that time at the height of her fame. The school had a pretty decent athletics area, the problem was after school hours it was a favourite place for dog walkers and stray dogs to use as a toilet, the long jump sand pit being particularly attractive.
Our games master sent a delegation of us to tidy up the area in preparation for Marys visit.
There was no way we were picking dog turds out of the sand pit so we just cover them with a thin layer of sand. Came the day and the fragrant Mary decided to give us a demo of her long jump technic 😁 you can guess the rest 😆 I don't think I will ever forget the sight of miss Peters dusting dog turds off her trackies. She was not happy.

DEFUND THE BBC !!!

tours

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2020, 07:25:01 AM »
Dear God...

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2020, 09:08:00 AM »

That's a Lotta DS   ;)
The Bible would be more believable had Hemingway written it.  He was a master at making fiction seem real.

Number26

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2020, 12:00:13 PM »
Bad luck to our wee country last night in their play off final game,again showed great heart but just came up short in their quest for the euros next summer,as always they showed dignity in defeat as they do in victory,now time to give the fringe players a chance to break thru and ease the older players out...a special word for big Kyle who nearly got the winner in the last minute,a real emotional night and week for the big man the green and white army salute you.

henrycluney

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2020, 08:40:28 PM »
Bad luck to our wee country last night in their play off final game,again showed great heart but just came up short in their quest for the euros next summer,as always they showed dignity in defeat as they do in victory,now time to give the fringe players a chance to break thru and ease the older players out...a special word for big Kyle who nearly got the winner in the last minute,a real emotional night and week for the big man the green and white army salute you.
Great effort tho the pitch wasnt great
Mon Norn Iron!!

traveller

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2020, 02:10:25 AM »
No 26 Before I left the old country I would go regularly to Windsor Park to see NI get regularly beaten and once in a blue moon a win. In nearly 50 years away nothing much has changed, I feel sorry for those poor supporters who give up their hard earned money to see NI, most times leaving the ground with a loss. Take Rugby and boxing how professional it is and how proud an exile feels when they are on the world stage.

Bigali

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2020, 06:48:47 AM »
No 26 Before I left the old country I would go regularly to Windsor Park to see NI get regularly beaten and once in a blue moon a win. In nearly 50 years away nothing much has changed, I feel sorry for those poor supporters who give up their hard earned money to see NI, most times leaving the ground with a loss. Take Rugby and boxing how professional it is and how proud an exile feels when they are on the world stage.

Did you see Ireland v Wales in the inaugural Autumn Nations Cup game at the Aviva Stadium on Friday night ? What a game for Ireland !  , both Ireland and Wales obviously trying out new players with Ireland having more success with the newbies than Wales . Apart from a brief ten minutes at the start of the second half Wales were dismal and basically spent eighty minutes watching Ireland showing them how to play International Rugby .
 :clapping: :party:

Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

traveller

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 05:18:40 AM »
Thank you BIGALI, Ireland played very well. Did you watch Argentina defeat the All Blacks, it was no [censored] they won well!  

Bigali

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 05:51:05 AM »
Thank you BIGALI, Ireland played very well. Did you watch Argentina defeat the All Blacks, it was no [censored] they won well!

Unfortunately I didnít just saw a few clips here and there on a few websites but a good win for the Pumas . Argentina are one of those teams that Northern Hemisphere teams treat lightly at their peril as has been proved in the past and it will be a big blow to the ego of the All Blacks as well . Roll on 2023 (just donít mention the Falklands ! )  :D
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

JohnKelly

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 07:50:07 AM »

Oh dear, someone's going to pay, could be a change of government in New Zealand. :)

traveller

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2020, 01:08:14 AM »
John Kelly, like your humour! :) :)

Kim-jung-ill

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2020, 11:22:37 PM »
I see there is a movement afoot which is gaining some popularity in our wee country  and throughout the UK to stick your Christmas tree and decor up early in protest to the shambolic lock down policies, especially over the Christmas period  and the idiots making the "rules" up as they go along.
P.S rumours that the PSNI are deploying undercover officers disguised as turkeys and Santa's little helpers to catch people breaking the rules are not true .  .  .  .I think . How many lock down days to Christmas. ?
DEFUND THE BBC !!!

pete57

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2020, 01:14:13 AM »
I see there is a movement afoot which is gaining some popularity in our wee country  and throughout the UK to stick your Christmas tree and decor up early in protest to the shambolic lock down policies, especially over the Christmas period  and the idiots making the "rules" up as they go along.
P.S rumours that the PSNI are deploying undercover officers disguised as turkeys and Santa's little helpers to catch people breaking the rules are not true .  .  .  .I think . How many lock down days to Christmas. ?

My tree is still up in the attic . Im afraid to go up and get it, for fear i may have breached the ' rules ' and i have broken the 3 metre distance protocol.... I left my granny up there about 14 years ago ...
 N Bates .     ;)

Kim-jung-ill

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2020, 04:12:56 AM »
Shame on you Pete,  everybody knows grannies are kept in fruit cellars not attics. Duh !
I put my crimbo tree up in October,  some eejit let a rocket off outside the house and the cat sh.it itself and shot up to top of it and won't come down, it's still up there sittin like a big hairy fairy.
DEFUND THE BBC !!!

Orior

« Reply #44 on: Yesterday at 02:04:39 PM »

ha ha ha.  what?

Covid is a new virus, there was no vaccine, so there is no predefined rule book, so they have to make up new rules.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians