Author Topic: Valerie Hutchison  (Read 392 times)

susanlilian

Valerie Hutchison
« on: October 30, 2020, 07:50:33 AM »
Do You Know Valerie Hutchison ? Born 1934 IN London. ( my paternal first cousin)

and her Mother Elizabeth ( Betty ) Louise Cooke (maiden name) born in 1909.  Betty Hutchison married name, she was widowed young, so she probably married again.

Valerie Hutchison was born in London in 1934. She was we know in Belfast in 1958. Occupation A Childrenís Nurse.

Valerieís Mother Elizabeth (Betty) Louise Cooke (born in London in 1909)
A Dressmaker in 1933.

Valerieís Father Delbanco Duncan Hutchison born in London in 1916 (A waiter in a Hotel in 1933, later joined the Royal Navy, sadly died at Sea in 1941) My paternal Uncle.

Elizabeth (Betty) and Delbanco Duncan Hutchison were married in 1933. Betty was widowed in 1941.

Elizabeth (aka Bettyís ) Father  Edward Joseph Cooke born in 1875 in Northampton was a licensed victualer in 1933. Previously we believe he was Tailor.

If you know any information 🤞 please comment.

This is a last chance as in genealogy terms, I have hit a brick wall.

wb54

Re: Valerie Hutchison
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 11:27:24 AM »
Hi susanlilan,
                       There is a Betty Hutchison married to Arthur J. Uren. Reg/Dec 1951
                        Lambeth.  Only searched for marriage in London 1941/1982.
                        If she stayed in London and went by the name Betty.

Delbanco Duncan there is a listing on GWGC, Liverpool Naval Memorial
                       Panel 10,Column 1.
                        Father C F. and Lily Hutchison.   Have a look,bit more information.

Have you found any records of Valerie as a nurse in Belfast ?
                       It might help searching on the parents, England 1939 registration.

Best of luck,      Billy.

susanlilian

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 12:39:13 AM »
Thank you Billy. When she married Delbanco she used Betty on the marriage certificate so it could be her.

I have lots of information on my Uncle Delbanco sadly he died young.

We have Elizabethís parents we think Edward Joseph Cooke and 1875-1944 and Elizabeth Maria Cole 1881-1962 .

When I say we, I now have permission from Loretta my first cousin once removed found through a DNA test. Loretta was born Hutchison adopted name Mulvaney ( adopted as a baby in 1958 in Belfast) Her birth mother is Valerie Elizabeth Hutchison.

Loretta has tried the nurse register and only found a Valerie Elizabeth Cook with no e she used the surname Hutchison on the adoption papers ?

wb54

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 10:17:03 PM »
Hi Susanlilan,
                       Have you tried to find any death notices for Elizabeth M. Cole 1962?
                       May be names and address, could be something to help.
                       It could be the same Valerie, do they get a registration number
                       which goes on there records ?

The street directoryís might give the names for Valerie as you donít
                       have any addresses to go on.  Some one might do a look up.
                       May be she lives in hospital grounds?

Good luck in your search,
                                                                    Billy.

susanlilian

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 03:22:11 PM »
Thank you Billy death notice for Elizabeth M Cole  1962 is definitely worth looking at. Do you mean in the newspaper as I donít have access to those. Do you think it is worth buying the death certificate. Sorry if I sound a bit stupid, the problem being the cost of getting this information. My cousin is looking
for her birth mother so she might well consider it worth the money as obviously it means a lot to her.

I am not sure about the registration number. I will ask Loretta. I know Loretta thinks Valerie left Ireland and possibly returned to England.

I will show Loretta your post .
I appreciate your reply. Susan

wb54

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 08:20:05 PM »
Hi SusanLilian,
                         I use the local archives library here in Shrewsbury, but as they are closed
                         will have to wait. Do you have any idea where Elizabeth M. Cole died also
                         where she was living?

Once you find that it will narrow it down, giving the chance to search the
                          papers.  If you can ask your local library do they have free access to
                          web sites Find my past, Ancestry and the British newspapers archives.
                          Donít buy any death certificates till you know more.
                          Let us wait and find place of them living.

Have a look at Rootschat forum, itís free and itís covers a lot of places.
                         Then there is google.
                         Keep in touch,            Billy.