Author Topic: Melbourne Cup - 2020  (Read 253 times)

JohnKelly

Melbourne Cup - 2020
« on: November 03, 2020, 12:40:18 AM »
The race that stops the nation.

I've got number 3 for a win and 6 4 3 as a Boxed Trifecta.

My wife has number 12 for a win.

https://www.justhorseracing.com.au/melbourne-cup/

brianmckeever

Re: Melbourne Cup - 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 01:04:33 AM »
I would like to box the nine Irish bred runners for a trifecta.( $50.40 for a 10% stake.) Correction
In fact there are only 8 Irish bred. ($33.60 for a 10% stake.)Their numbers are 1 3 4 5 6 15 16 21.

JohnKelly

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 04:27:54 AM »
I would like to box the nine Irish bred runners for a trifecta.( $50.40 for a 10% stake.) Correction
In fact there are only 8 Irish bred. ($33.60 for a 10% stake.)Their numbers are 1 3 4 5 6 15 16 21.

Well, there you go Brian,

1st - Twilight Payment (Ire)

2nd - Tiger Moth (Ire)

3rd - Prince of Arran (GB)

4th - The Chosen One (NZ)

Well done Ireland.

traveller

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 02:38:57 AM »
Since 2013 SEVEN horses have been killed at the Melbourne Cup all overseas horses mainly from Ireland. I urge all owners and trainers from the Emerald Isle to refrain from sending out any more horses until a proper inquiry is held in Australia. To see that beautiful Irish horse ANTHONY VAN [censored] having to be put down after this years race broke my heart it was race favourite and I believe had won the Epsom in England. I am no bleeding heart when living in the old country i travelled the length and breath of Ireland with my Father and grandfather to  watch the races for the day out and the atmosphere.

JohnKelly

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 11:32:55 AM »
Since 2013 SEVEN horses have been killed at the Melbourne Cup all overseas horses mainly from Ireland. I urge all owners and trainers from the Emerald Isle to refrain from sending out any more horses until a proper inquiry is held in Australia. To see that beautiful Irish horse ANTHONY VAN [censored] having to be put down after this years race broke my heart it was race favourite and I believe had won the Epsom in England. I am no bleeding heart when living in the old country i travelled the length and breath of Ireland with my Father and grandfather to  watch the races for the day out and the atmosphere.

Yeah, you wouldn't be the only one thinking that, myself included. I just have a bet now and again but the Melbourne Cup being the race that stops the nation I put on a few extra dollars, other than that I don't really have an interest.

I regard the horse as an noble animal that has been used and abused by humans for centuries and I cringed when I saw what I regarded as an excessive use of the whip. I would support the whip being banned.

The jockey that rode Tiger Moth (Ire) was fined A$50,000 and banned from racing for a number of races for excessive use of the whip in that race.

traveller

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 02:44:20 AM »
Well said.