Author Topic: Titanic  (Read 379 times)

BarneyElf

Titanic
« on: November 03, 2020, 11:36:06 AM »
Hi folks... My late grandfather, Robert James Hillis, was a "holder" and a "riviter" during the building of Titanic...
I am having difficulty finding his address at that particular time.... His addresses, starting with latest, were:-  25 Parkgate Gardens, somewhere in Ardoyne and Shankill Road, sandy Row etc.. Also when family was growing up, lived in Magheralyn and Donna lonely..

Your help would be much appreciated...

Kindest regards
Brian Adams...

wb54

Re: Titanic
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 09:35:07 PM »
Hi BarneyElf,
                     Looking over your old posts, I saw a Elizabeth Hillis born 10 January 1919
                     address given 11 Westmoreland Street.   Can’t see Robert in 1918 & 1924.

Could the person, Elizabeth Holland who was present at the birth be family?
                    Irish Genealogy.ie.
                    Hope this helps,
                                                 Billy.

seanog

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 10:26:58 AM »
Donna Lonely = Donacloney?

Seanog

BarneyElf

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »
Hi Billy...
I wondered that too... I first assumed she could have been a local midwife or even just a neighbour... But had no way of checking...

Isn't it wonderful the things that one discovers while researching family history...

For instance, on my side, Adams... There was a Dr. John Bodkin Adams from my home town of Coleraine, who was responsible for killing quite a few of his patients, many, many years ago...!!! 👀👻

Kindest regards,
Brian Adams....

wb54

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 03:12:06 PM »
Hi BarneyElf,
                     Wow, they’re got to be a book about Dr Adams.
                     Have you got any more on Robert James and family?
                     Could try a different approach.
                     Best regards,
                                              Billy.

BarneyElf

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »
Hi Billy....

Robert James Hillis, was my grandfather on my mums side. He married Charlotte Elizabeth Crawford. They were both born, I believe in Belfast...
[size=78%]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipONrBh26FPss8a3tjqNzP4zuaZcXtmb5uK1hr4x[/size] The information in the blue link address is some family history details on my MyHeritage.com website...
Hope it is of some use...

Kindest regards
Brian...