Author Topic: Trying to help my partner find some info on her family tree  (Read 358 times)

kelsea0200304

Trying to help my partner find some info on her family tree
« on: November 17, 2020, 03:11:40 PM »
Hi

Iím trying to find some information for my partner as a surprise

Her biological father died at a very young age , he was 18 called Stephen Crawford and lived in Damascus street Belfast.

I know where he is buried in Belfast city cemetary other than that I ve hit a brick wall

I wanted to try and get a picture of his grave or if with any luck find out anything more about him to help her

Any help would be really appreciated as my partner never met him but Iím struggling to find anything on him at all as obviously he was so young only 18 when he died.

I know he is at -:

Belfast city cemetary - glenalina extension

Grave section and no. B1, 15

Bread Basket

Re: Trying to help my partner find some info on her family tree
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 06:12:02 PM »
Hi there,
Not the nicest of information to be passing to you,

PRONI  documents on Coroners Inquest.  it looks like access to the Inquest is Closed so I doubt that you will get to view the result of the inquest.

Good luck with your search.

kelsea0200304

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 06:37:06 PM »
Hi

Yeah we have seen two of them the one about the udr we hadnít, but it gives me more to go off

I know sheís tried for a long time to find out anything and has struggled so this will help even more.

Hopefully I may be able to get over in January woth her to go to the cemetery but hopefully this can get us even more info

We know he had a sister called Katherine aswell but thatís it everything else is hard to come across

Thanks for the info though really appreciate it

Bread Basket

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »
Hi

Yeah we have seen two of them the one about the udr we hadnít, but it gives me more to go off

I know sheís tried for a long time to find out anything and has struggled so this will help even more.

Hopefully I may be able to get over in January woth her to go to the cemetery but hopefully this can get us even more info

We know he had a sister called Katherine aswell but thatís it everything else is hard to come across

Thanks for the info though really appreciate it

Has there ever been any talk of Stephen playing sport.  there are a few newspaper reports re a Stephen Crawford being an under 14 champion at Squash in 1978. There is also a mention of a Kathy Crawford, under 16ís, in the same report.  if you think it may be your Stephen & his elder sister then let me know and iíll Forward the newspaper clips.

kelsea0200304

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 06:56:26 PM »
We know nothing apart from the above, itís been quite tricky but you never know we think his sister may of been older

There isnít even a photo of him anywhere that she has as her mum was taken in a home etc woth her?

It quite could be so Iíd really appreciate it if you could

Bread Basket

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 07:25:46 PM »
Iím not totally convinced that the Squash players Stephen & Kathy Crawford are the same family that you are seeking but just in case then here you go.
There are other cuttings but too many for me to photo shoot

kelsea0200304

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »
Yeah I donít think it will be I know he was 18 when he died in 81

Itís like a needle in a haystack but Iíve made her a promise to do my best so Iím doing what I can

Hopefully we can get something

Even his address shows nothing which was 7 damascus street

But Iíll keep trying thanks for your help

danso

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 11:06:32 PM »
Gargan was shot dead by inla 1987

danso

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 11:11:25 PM »
White is a brother of jude white political commenter always on Nolan show mother was killed by bomb in university st.jude may be able to help you

kelsea0200304

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2020, 03:02:52 PM »
Thanks so much

Iíll definetly try and get some contact with them

Any help is so much appreciated