Author Topic: Blue badge holder and got a ticket today in Donegall Place  (Read 853 times)

OlderandWiser

Blue badge holder and got a ticket today in Donegall Place
« on: December 23, 2020, 09:24:52 PM »
I was parked in Donegall Place today, in the parking bays across the street from where the Disney store is. I'm a blue badge holder and my badge was prominently displayed. When I returned to my car, I had received a parking ticket. Other cars with blue badges were parked in front of, and behind me. None of them had a ticket.
The reason for the ticket is "(01) Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours". No mention is made of my blue badge. I've parked in Donegall Place, High Street, and a lot of other streets in Belfast City Centre loads of times and as far as I'm aware, parking is available to blue badge holders at all times in the parking bays on both sides of Donegall Place. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, or if there are restrictions in place there?

stickleback

Re: Blue badge holder and got a ticket today in Donegall Place
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 01:44:10 AM »
I was parked in Donegall Place today, in the parking bays across the street from where the Disney store is. I'm a blue badge holder and my badge was prominently displayed. When I returned to my car, I had received a parking ticket. Other cars with blue badges were parked in front of, and behind me. None of them had a ticket.
The reason for the ticket is "(01) Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours". No mention is made of my blue badge. I've parked in Donegall Place, High Street, and a lot of other streets in Belfast City Centre loads of times and as far as I'm aware, parking is available to blue badge holders at all times in the parking bays on both sides of Donegall Place. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, or if there are restrictions in place there?

I dont specifically know the area you are talking about ( I'm in London now), but don't get too stressed about this. Unless they can clearly show that it was a restricted street and even then, depending on your disability, you will have recourse. Without knowing your disability I can't comment further, beyond suggesting you contest it.

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »
What time were you issued the ticket? If it was before 1100am I think it is illegal to park in the designated areas before then because of delivery vehicles.
God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

OlderandWiser

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 09:44:08 AM »
It was between 14.07 and 14.12.

jillyfred

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 04:41:17 PM »
Merry Christmas OlderandWiser and I do hope you have this Parking Ticket cancelled.

jilly

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 07:22:48 AM »

Your ticket was issues at 1400hrs, but what time did you park at? If you parked before 1100hrs then I'am afraid you were in the wrong, as far as I'am aware it's only delivery vehicles permitted in those parking bays before 1100hrs, blue badge holders are not permitted to park there either before that time.
God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

Bigali

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 07:27:13 AM »
Contrary to popular belief a blue badge does NOT entitle the holder to park anywhere at any time , local restrictions and by laws must be observed regardless of being in possession of a blue badge .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

syriana

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 09:52:10 AM »
There's a three hour parking limit for blue badges on double yellow lines etc in Bangor - not sure about Belfast. You can also get done if you are less than 15 metres from a corner. 
No answer is an answer.

OlderandWiser

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2020, 07:53:09 PM »
There's a three hour parking limit for blue badges on double yellow lines etc in Bangor - not sure about Belfast. You can also get done if you are less than 15 metres from a corner.
I wasn't parked on double yellows. I was in a proper parking bay. And I wasn't there 3 hours or anywhere near that. Also there is no mention on the ticket of how long I was there, my car being observed at any other time, or being parked on double yellows. Just that my car was there between 14.07 and 14.12.

OlderandWiser

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 07:53:35 PM »
Merry Christmas OlderandWiser and I do hope you have this Parking Ticket cancelled.

jilly
And to you and yours Jilly

getzls

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 07:21:33 AM »
You can appeal it.
I parked in a disabled space once and forgot to put my Blue Badge up.
Got the fine cancelled.

Kim-jung-ill

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 06:42:05 AM »
Good advice, appeal it. Go to court dressed as a Mexican bandit with sombrero and say "badges? , we ain't got no badges, we don't need no stinking badges !!! "
Your bound to win.😊
DEFUND THE BBC !!!

pete57

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 02:50:43 AM »
I have a blue peter badge.... am i allowed ?