Author Topic: Please do not offend in your posts/ threads. The Forum is suffering.  (Read 1639 times)

gray_marian

Re: Please do not offend in your posts/ threads. The Forum is suffering.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 10:52:18 PM »
Good post Marian.  I love a good debate and we should be having enlightening rational exchanges of opinions on this forum about the two great issues of our time - Covid19 and Brexit. We have loads of intelligent posters out there - I would like to read their views

I can only assume that our good posters are reluctant to start threads on either of these topics because of the usual predictable responses - Brexit would be hijacked by the usual two or three sectarian posters and Covid19 would be rubbished by our one or two anti-vaxxers accompanied by the usual inexorable blizzard of links.

Thank you syriana debate yes if members wish but when excessive links over and over to prove the same point are ignored I would catch myself on ::)

misssmyth1

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2021, 03:14:11 PM »
I have not been on the forum for about a year not offended just got a bit fed up with people getting annoyed over nothing mis understanding a joke or something   religion coming in to lots of posts  I loved the chats bu when  it becomes a chore and everything has to be explained it not fun anymore  must say i miss the banter with you all someone sent me a PM asking why I was on the  forum when i left Belfast in 1970 and was not very pleasant in their remarks  I did not reply wasnt worth my time  but this person seemed to take a lot of things personally at the time maybe going through a bad time or just  a miserable person in general  I come on and read a lot but havent posted  I sincerely wish you all well in this awful situation we are all in 

stickleback

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2021, 02:04:57 AM »
I have not been on the forum for about a year not offended just got a bit fed up with people getting annoyed over nothing mis understanding a joke or something   religion coming in to lots of posts  I loved the chats bu when  it becomes a chore and everything has to be explained it not fun anymore  must say i miss the banter with you all someone sent me a PM asking why I was on the  forum when i left Belfast in 1970 and was not very pleasant in their remarks  I did not reply wasnt worth my time  but this person seemed to take a lot of things personally at the time maybe going through a bad time or just  a miserable person in general  I come on and read a lot but havent posted  I sincerely wish you all well in this awful situation we are all in

You're lucky you get to reply, Missy.

Posters who haven't been here five minutes get to insult me knowing that I can't answer right away, but it's not until I respond to their answers that their posts ( and my reply) get deleted. A circus!