Author Topic: Russian Motorcycle Restoration  (Read 184 times)

JohnKelly

Russian Motorcycle Restoration
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:24:06 AM »
There are heaps of vehicle restoration videos available online but the results of this one is impressive with some interesting restoration methods,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HEZ-x4-_w&feature=youtu.be

Bigali

Re: Russian Motorcycle Restoration
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 12:48:00 PM »

When my sister and brother in law were still living in London in the very early eighties he bought a 350cc Jawa and that thing was like a two wheeled Russian tank , bought it brand new and it certainly wasn’t as technologically advanced as its Japanese counterparts nor anywhere near as fast but living in London there was no need for speed plus it was almost half the price of the Japanese bikes at the time , he had it for about three years until the first bambino came along and then he had to sell it and get a car but in the time he had it it never let him down once .
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

JohnKelly

Re: Russian Motorcycle Restoration
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 01:02:53 PM »

When my sister and brother in law were still living in London in the very early eighties he bought a 350cc Jawa and that thing was like a two wheeled Russian tank , bought it brand new and it certainly wasn’t as technologically advanced as its Japanese counterparts nor anywhere near as fast but living in London there was no need for speed plus it was almost half the price of the Japanese bikes at the time , he had it for about three years until the first bambino came along and then he had to sell it and get a car but in the time he had it it never let him down once .

OK, I'll admit it, I had to do a Google to see what a 350cc Jawa looked like. :)

When you look back over the years it's amazing how the Japanese took over the motor bike market but I guess that wasn't the only market the Japanese conquered.