Author Topic: Darren, our hearts go out to you.  (Read 1468 times)

Christopher

Darren, our hearts go out to you.
« on: August 13, 2006, 10:59:39 PM »
I was saddened to hear on the news earlier today that despite a lengthy battle with cancer Heather Clarke, Darren's wife died today. I am sure, like myself, Darren and his family and all Heather's relations will be in all
your thoughts and prayers in this time of their grief. In case some of you do not follow golf Darren is well
known on the international circuit and is a great ambassador for this part of the world.

Fermanagh June

Re: Darren, our hearts go out to you.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 12:12:28 AM »
Seconded Christopher, however do you find as time goes on people become complacent about human life? I firmly beleive we are all only important to those with whom we live, to all others we become yesterdays news so fast. Look at Steve Erwin.
If ya cant be good be careful.

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 12:19:52 AM »
There's a slight difference June. Darren is on the sports pages most weeks. He's a great golfer as well as a great ambassador for his country. I wish the sports correspondents would write more about guys like him and less about the sports personalities who set really bad examples. Do they not realise if kids see more about the guys who set reasonably high standards they might follow their example. That's if the kids can read and are not spending all their time playing computer games.

pentio

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »
Well said  Christopher....Darren is a wonderful ambassador for our country and the sport of Golf. ....i.watched The Ryder Cup today and was close to tears when he won his match against Zach Johnston. .he shed a few tears it was very moving. .and what a reception he got from the fans it was fantastic.....our thoughts are with him and his family.

pentio.

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 07:44:48 PM »
I'm sure the guys in the team would have been in a totally different mood if the Big Lad had not been there. His presence helped to raise the team's spirit.  Not only that it probably helped to lift his spirits too as he was with people who are good friends. Friendship means such a lot in life.  Both Tiger and Darren have lost a person very close to them this year. As Tiger said to a reporter recently "You expect to lose a parent, but not a person with whom you expect to live with for many years." Darren's win should help cheer up his boys too. I'm certain they share in their Dad's success.