Author Topic: Montgomery family - Enniskillen St / Pernau St  (Read 1052 times)

Debglos

Re: Montgomery family - Enniskillen St / Pernau St
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2021, 08:04:18 PM »
Not sure who this Alexander is.  My grandad Alexander was born Sept 1907, maybe this is a cousin of his.  Their appears to be a lot of Alexanders in the family.  Most 1st born males were named after their fathers. 

Bread Basket

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2021, 08:17:25 PM »
Not sure who this Alexander is.  My grandad Alexander was born Sept 1907, maybe this is a cousin of his.  Their appears to be a lot of Alexanders in the family.  Most 1st born males were named after their fathers.

Yes, agree there are multiple Alexander’s, however I cannot see any registered birth for any Alexander Montgomery for Sept 1907. Can you confirm origin or source.
Also, where do you see him on the 1911 Census, street etc and who he was living with

Debglos

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2021, 01:59:16 PM »
Hi Breadbasket,

I have a copy of the written census entry his mum wrote in 1911, stating he was 4 years old.  Unable to load on her, will try again on Weds on that host site.  Working long hrs til then and no access to my personal laptop where info stored.

Bread Basket

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
Hi Breadbasket,

I have a copy of the written census entry his mum wrote in 1911, stating he was 4 years old.  Unable to load on her, will try again on Weds on that host site.  Working long hrs til then and no access to my personal laptop where info stored.
Is there a street name?

Debglos

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2021, 02:09:35 PM »
23, Druse St, (Clifton, Antrim)

All other family members on there also.  Even the two children that appeared to have passed away young.  Nellie aged 9 and Willie, no age in box, so assume under 1 years old and already passed.  Both Nellie and & Willie have a line struck through their names in the written census.  I tried again to access that host site, appeared to be loading my doc then asked me to put my email in, which I did and it came back error again :-(

Debglos

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2021, 02:11:34 PM »
My grandad Alexander Montgomery is 29th September birthday

Bread Basket

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »

Bread Basket

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2021, 02:22:12 PM »
That puts a whole new light on things.  I’ll get cracking on the detail

Debglos

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2021, 02:28:02 PM »
Yes, that's the one I have, also a printed version which is shorter but clearer to read names and ages.  This is why I commented early on in my search that there was no mention of the father. Hence couldn't confirm who he was, but the newspaper and now grave findings have confirmed him. 

It could be possible she put my grandads age down wrong but I've always known his birthday to be September.  I think I confirmed his birth but its on my personal laptop.  Cant really do much until weds, replying in work time now LOL

Bread Basket

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2021, 02:29:36 PM »
Yes, that's the one I have, also a printed version which is shorter but clearer to read names and ages.  This is why I commented early on in my search that there was no mention of the father. Hence couldn't confirm who he was, but the newspaper and now grave findings have confirmed him. 

It could be possible she put my grandads age down wrong but I've always known his birthday to be September.  I think I confirmed his birth but its on my personal laptop.  Cant really do much until weds, replying in work time now LOL
[/quote

It’s good to have the Census.... will keep you posted

Bread Basket

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2021, 09:03:12 AM »
Not sure which of the children were not going to school 👨🏼‍🎓👨🏼‍🎓👨🏼‍🎓👨🏼‍🎓 but James found himself in court. Happened in my family as well 😁😉🤫

Bread Basket

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2021, 02:11:39 PM »
These Montgomery’s are proving very testing to say the least.
A general observation, head of family in 1901 & 1911 Census for Druse St is Mary, no sign of a husband. However as seen in school non attendance article James Montgomery was taken to court, that being the case then is is probable that James was the Father.

The 1911 census shows Mary and the names of 8 children. From the record only 6 children are living so you can presume that the 2 who are “struck through”, Nellie & Willie unfortunately must have died.
It indicates that Nellie (possibly Ellen, Helen) was aged 9ish giving a birth year of 1901 / 1903

I’d suggest that the address on the Birth Registration , Druse St confirms the correct family. Note Maiden name of the Mother, Mary, McCrory.

Now Willie.
Willie is an alternative for William but there is already a William John in the family aged around 6. This leads me to suggest that Willie was an earlier born child who possibly died before William John was born. On the other hand with no age annotated next to the name of Willie may indicate that there was a child known as Willie but with a different Christian name and was under the age of 1. Oh for a crystal ball.😁

Bread Basket

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2021, 02:56:18 PM »
The following are the only births recorded for a Montgomery / McCrory that are registered with GRONI

Where are the others? ???

The name Robert does not appear on the 1911 Census.  was this Willie??

Bread Basket

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2021, 03:04:57 PM »

Bread Basket

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2021, 03:22:27 PM »