Author Topic: Loughran Family Falls Road Belfast  (Read 125 times)

Eileen G

Loughran Family Falls Road Belfast
« on: February 19, 2021, 09:25:40 PM »
My mother was Eileen Loughran married to James Davey. Date of marriage 1956. She was 27. I was born 1963 and she died of Hodgkins 1964.
I am trying to find out my family history. Her father was james loughran. I think he may have bern a chimney sweep

Elwyn

Re: Loughran Family Falls Road Belfast
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 11:52:01 PM »
I can see a death for Eileen Davey on 25.5.1964 in Lisburn aged 36 which seems to fit with your information. You can view the original certificate on-line on the GRONI website, using the ďsearch registrationsĒ option:

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk

You will need to open an account and buy some credits. It costs £2.50 (sterling) to a view a certificate.

Eileenís marriage isn't on-line but you can get a copy of the certificate if you want. Likewise Eileen was evidently born around 1928/29. Births in Northern Ireland within the past 100 years, marriages within the past 75 and deaths within the past 50 arenít searchable on-line. They are open to the public, just not on-line. If you know all the key details eg exact date and place of birth, parents names etc, you can order a copy of a certificate from GRONI for £15.

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk

But if you donít have all the information, you need to get in touch with them to get a search done.  They will do a 5 year search for £7 and if they find a matching certificate you can purchase it for £8, coming to a total of £15. It will be posted to you a few days later. You pay over the phone using a credit card. You type your number in on the phone keypad. They donít know what it is.  They wonít deal with these searches and orders by e-mail because they need you to type the credit card number in yourself.

Phone: 0300 200 7890 (+44 300 200 7890 from outside the UK).

If you get both Eileenís parents names and post the information here we can search for a marriage and backwards for their families.

Elwyn